• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shooting Glove Recommendations

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
I'm in the market for a new pair of shooting gloves to replace a bunch of old work gloves I've been using for years. Looking at on line reviews seems to be little agreement and a lot of marketing hype mainly from paid reviewers. Especially true for gloves which impact your bank account bottomline.

Was wondering if anyone can recommend ones you've actually used and are happy with? I shoot all types of weapons so something for combined pistol, rifle and shotgun use.

Regards

I'm in the market for a new pair of shooting gloves to replace a bunch of old work gloves I've been using for years. Looking at on line reviews seems to be little agreement and a lot of marketing hype mainly from paid reviewers. Especially true for gloves which impact your bank account bottomline.

Was wondering if anyone can recommend ones you've actually used and are happy with? I shoot all types of weapons so something for combined pistol, rifle and shotgun use.

Regards
I'm not sure what actually constitutes "shooting gloves," but I've been using an old pair of Mechanix that I liberated from the lost and found when I worked as an airsoft ref, along with a handful of magazines hehe. They were well used when I got them and I've had them for about 3 years of hard use in multiple countries and they're just now beginning to wear down. They're the Mechanix Originals and can be had for about $20, no frills or anything that gets in the way of just being a normal glove.

image.jpeg I use an old pair of gloves I bought at a motorcycle shop. I bought them about 15 years ago, probably paid $25 at the time. They fit snug, nothing cumbersome about them.

I also love the Mechanix Gloves from Home Depot or any other place they are sold. Cheap and effective

Years ago when I was on active duty we wore aviator's nomex flight gloves as shooting gloves. They were excellent because of the tight fit, flexibility, and soft leather palms. Still available from the same company that made them back in the 70s. And not a bad price.

https://www.nomexgloves.com

Regards

Years ago when I was on active duty we wore aviator's nomex flight gloves as shooting gloves. They were excellent because of the tight fit, flexibility, and soft leather palms. Still available from the same company that made them back in the 70s. And not a bad price.

https://www.nomexgloves.com

Regards
Agreed, I have multiple pairs of those But my fingers are like my peter, short but wide and I have a problem with gloves and it's hard to find snug fitting gloves without xtra on the ends of the fingers, and that make things difficult with pistols and long gun trigger manipulation.

Agreed, I have multiple pairs of those But my fingers are like my peter, short but wide and I have a problem with gloves and it's hard to find snug fitting gloves without xtra on the ends of the fingers, and that make things difficult with pistols and long gun trigger manipulation.

We use to cut the glove finger tips off for our trigger and index fingers which allowed better manipulation of both M-16/M-4s and AK-47s charge handles.

That might solve your fit problem.

Once gloves wore out they eventually became fingerless. The palms held up well. I still have a couple of old pairs.

Regards

We use to cut the glove finger tips off for our trigger and index fingers which allowed better manipulation of both M-16/M-4s and AK-47s charge handles.

That might solve your fit problem.

Once gloves wore out they eventually became fingerless. The palms held up well. I still have a couple of old pairs.

Regards
I get it, I just like the full coverage.

For range/match use, I wear the PIG FTD gloves - very little slop in the fingers, high dexterity, and just enough insulation from hot/cold. Throw a set of mittens over them when it's real cold.

Back