• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shooting gloves

RedOBXT

.270 WIN
Supporter
Any recommendations for a range and recreation shooting glove, fitting both pistol and shotgun?

I have yet to try a glove that comes close to Mechanix gloves dexterity at a 15$ price point. Yeah they might ware after a year (depending on how hard you use them) but for the money you buy a few at a time and you're good to go. They're not fantastic for cold weather, but daily use... and especially range work I love'm.

On chilly days I wear mechanix gloves. The carpenter gloves that have the index and thumb cut so I can feel the trigger and feel the mag I'm grabbing.

I like having my fingertips protected, even in the heat. If not, during a training course your fingers will be raw, if not bleeding by the end of the day. Or, maybe I'm just getting soft is all. :D

I like having my fingertips protected, even in the heat. If not, during a training course your fingers will be raw, if not bleeding by the end of the day. Or, maybe I'm just getting soft is all. :D

Damn. I'm an accountant and I'm saying you've got some soft hands lol.

LOL, I'll accept that. But, hands and fingers get beat up in courses, my instructor recommends full finger gloves for everyone actually.

Weird. I've done five 8 hr courses no gloves. One had a wrestle for retention the first 1/2 hr.

Mechanix fast fit and there's another Mechanix with leather palms and fingers called utility CG.

never shot with a glove on .....take that back, sometimes dead of winter I use $5 Army surplus wool glove liners and that is just because the metal on the rifle gets so cold.

I have some .mil Nomex flight gloves in my flight helmet for work, they are real thin but tough and I can feel real good with them on.....bet those would work good but they go half way up your forearms lol

never shot with a glove on .....take that back, sometimes dead of winter I use $5 Army surplus wool glove liners and that is just because the metal on the rifle gets so cold.

I have some .mil Nomex flight gloves in my flight helmet for work, they are real thin but tough and I can feel real good with them on.....bet those would work good but they go half way up your forearms lol

Those flight gloves are very nice and durable!

Back