• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun acessories

Patriots293

Copper BB
Hey guys I just joined the forum, picked up my mossberg 500 last week. I'm trying to decide what I want to get for my shotgun. I like the side saddle that Mesa Tactical has, but I've heard that 6-shot side saddles get in the way of the forend when its brought to the rear position. Anyone have any experience with this?

Welcome aboard!

I picked up a Tacstar saddle and immediately noticed that the forend was hitting the base when retracting the pump. A simple mod will take care of the problem. I've always been one for the quick and easy fix whenever possible. Here's a pic of my TacStar mod for reference...

All I had to do was drill a second hole 1/2" (center to center) inside the existing hole at the rear of the base plate. Drilling it slightly smaller than the others will eliminate the need for a nut to secure the screw. There is now plenty of room for clearance in the action using my aftermarket forend. The whole process took less than five minutes. I've fired several hundred rounds through this 590 and have had no movement in the TacStar at all...

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Patriots293 !!

...and an excellent mod explaination from SNIPER !

Thanks guys, I'm glad to be on the forum. Lazy Eyed Sniper thats a great explanation! I'll be sure to do that mod once I order the side saddle.

Back