1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

Discussion in 'Holographic/Red Dot Sights' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

For the same money you could get a Holosun red dot with the same type of reticle and you can have the option of switching from dot, ring, ring+dot. The sight is sold in either red or green optic colors now with 50k hour battery life.
    Rossignol likes this.
  2. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

65 MOA circle though, that’s my only turn off there.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

If it's like mine that dot is 5 moa.
  4. Yacol J

Yacol J .410

I run a cheap Walmart special on my 500. A Tasco pro point. I am right handed and left eye dominant. This means that I don't usually use my right eye. This sight helped me learn to use my other eye. It was my first long gun. I've owned this gun with this sight on it for over 10 years. I've only changed the battery once. 44 mm for quick acquisition. Red/green dot. Great cheap sight. I have never had to resight this gun. 20190917_231454.jpg 20190917_231357.jpg
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. HotorCold

HotorCold .22LR

Ok, so I am in the market for a RDS. I’ve had my eye on a Sig Romeo 5. I like the “shake to wake” but I see the PA micro is about the same price. I don’t think it has that feature, which is a big selling point to me for home defense sight. I am going to get a Bushnell TRS-25 cause they are supposed to be pretty good for the price. But I want another to put on my 930spx.
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks .22LR

In the budget range you are looking get the Sig Romeo 5 and never look back. I've been testing one on my duty rifle for a couple years and it seems pretty solid. Esp for the money.
    HotorCold and meanstreak like this.
  7. Yacol J

Yacol J .410

Changed my battery in this sight for the second time in about 10 years. I bought new batteries for my rifle. I forgot it on for 2 week. Huge difference. I should change them more often. Lol.
    meanstreak and fellmann like this.
  8. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That's a really decent life for a battery. Even sitting dormant and unused, will often need changed more often than that.
  9. Yacol J

Yacol J .410

I'm not sure yet. Red dots don't use much battery. They do have great battery life.