• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

Rossignol said:
Jayta, in the past I have heard only good things about the sight, and in fact yours is the only issue that comes to mind.

My Bushnell is a little different, but I havent had any alo effect with it.
hmm makes me wonder if it normal or maybe I got a bad one. I might call bushnell and ask.

you can see what im talking about in this video. fast forward to 4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utgw0As_5zY

I think this red dot is brighter than my truglo and thats why im seeing that reflection ring.

I watched the vid, nice work!

It actually looks normal, and from what I have heard, the dot is VERY bright! Like you would almost never need it that bright except maybe in full sun at high noon!

On mine, it only has 5 settings for each red and green, and even in daylight I dont need it to be on 5. So, most commonly just as you mention in the video, you would be runnin 5 or 6 in normal conditions.

These are my beliefs anyway.

Thanks Ross. By the way I didn't make the video. I found it on youtube. I don't like getting credit for stuff I didn't do. I'm really thinking is a very bright dot. I guess the lower end red dots are not so bright and thats why I never experienced this. In video he compares the brightness with an eotech and I can see the same issue when they set the eotech at the max brightness.

Ah, I gotcha, well thanks for being a stand up guy about it! :D

The one I have seen it most compared to is the Aimpoint. I had seen something saying the Aimpoint would never get as bright as the Bushnell!

I was just about to post that my EOtechs do the same thing. I rarely ever have them turned up higher than half their brightness capability, even in broad daylight.

Just put an order in for this. It'll end up on an AR, but it'll find a temporary home on the 500 until then. May just keep it on there and buy another later.

SPARC Red Dot Scope

It takes a SPARC to light a fire. The new, compact, daylight-bright SPARC (Speed Point Aiming for Rapid Combat) is packed with performance features and lends itself to a wide variety of firearm platforms—including AR15s, shotguns, and pistols. The modular three-piece base offers four separate mounting heights for user- and weapon-specific customization: 18.5mm (.725 inches), 22mm (.875 inches), 36mm (1.425 inches), 40mm (1.575 inches). Digital rear-facing and side controls for power on/off, dot brightness and night vision mode. Aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum body. Get on target fast with the SPARC.

Note
The versatile multi-height mount system of the SPARC accommodates AR15s needing absolute or lower 1/3 co-witness heights and uses a standard Weaver or Picatinny base. The SPARC is also threaded to accept accessory ARD and comes with a 2x doubler.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vor ... -dot-scope

opplanet-vortex-sparc-rapid-combat-red-dot-sight-sprc-front.jpg

opplanet-vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope-02.jpg

opplanet-vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope-03-07122011.jpg

I too have heard some pretty good comments on the SPARC! Def let us know when you get it!

I zero in my Bushnell TRS25 and for the price you can't beat this red dot. Very accurate and easy to zero. I just installed my libsaver on my ATI talon stock and can't wait to try it out. The difference in material is huge.

I did look at that, but I wanted something a little more rugged. For 100 bones more the SPARC is nv capable, solid titanium tube and can survive multiple hits/falls (at least in the videos I've watched of it) and still hold zero. Plus it comes with a 2x magnifier, cover and 3 different mounting options. Not saying the TRS25 is bad, I just had the extra cash and liked the idea of something with a few more features.

I have the SPARC on my SKS and will move it to my DPMS AR that should arrive this week - I'll want to see what the 2X can do for a longer range gun that may be heading for 3 gun competition - I hope that is a good match, we'll see. I have a 2nd TRUGLO multi-retical reflex on order for the SKS that I like to shoot out to 100 yds. The SPARC gets good reviews for all the right reasons. Sturdy, easy to adjust, holds zero - big bang for the buck (and a half)!

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I did look at that, but I wanted something a little more rugged. For 100 bones more the SPARC is nv capable, solid titanium tube and can survive multiple hits/falls (at least in the videos I've watched of it) and still hold zero. Plus it comes with a 2x magnifier, cover and 3 different mounting options. Not saying the TRS25 is bad, I just had the extra cash and liked the idea of something with a few more features.

I feel you. If I wanted to spend more cash I will have gone with something better. The Sparc sure looks nice.

Got the SPARC in the other day. Unboxed it just to make sure it was functioning as a few reviews on it stated having issues out of the box. Turned on, magnifier screwed on straight and all the buttons worked. Now just waiting on a few things to get here and I'll be mounting it and taking it to the range for pictures and a review. Looking at next weekend hopefully.

Back