• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun: Receiver Rails/Optics Bases

Can anyone help me out on a supplier or dealer that sells bases in MOBI camo. Just got an 535 and was looking to mount a truglo camo scope on it and did not want to go with black.

Thanks for any help.

I don't. Know about the specific camo pattern, but OFM does sell, or did, camo'd receiver rails.

You may find one that is close. Another option would be to have it hydro dipped. I think we have a memeber or two who can dip stuff andyou may be able to work something out. It may have been MikeD.

It'd be pretty easy to buy a black one and paint it too.

Might not be the exact pattern, but you can probably get pretty close to the colors using the Krylon outdoor camo paint...

Thanks for the replies. I never thought about painting it. It is such a small piece, if I cant find one or have someone dip one, I think that is what I will do.

Just got my first shotgun, Mossberg 88, 12 gauge, and I wanting to mount a rail. What kinds are recommended and/or where is a good place to look and find reviews and compatible mounts to my 88.

Thanks

lekshe said:
Just got my first shotgun, Mossberg 88, 12 gauge, and I wanting to mount a rail. What kinds are recommended and/or where is a good place to look and find reviews and compatible mounts to my 88.

Thanks

welcome from NY and congrats on your new mav 88.

last time i looked mav 88 receivers were Not drilled for rails.

you can have it drilled and tapped, or do it yourself.........or you can get a weaver converta mt.

below is a pic of the weaver mt.

edit post this is for the mossberg.

Attachments

• weaver converta mt..jpg
    weaver converta mt..jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,101
old mossy said:
lekshe said:

Thanks

welcome from NY and congrats on your new mav 88.

last time i looked mav 88 receivers were Not drilled for rails.

you can have it drilled and tapped, or do it yourself.........or you can get a weaver converta mt.

Thanks! That is the only one I had found that looked like it would work, but just wanted to make sure my ignorance wasn't getting the best of me.

Just a side note: the picture you posted is for an 870. Notice the 2 pin locations for their trigger assembly. Sorry to be a stickler, but I'd rather not see a Newbie go buy the wrong thing based on a picture either.

I have an extra rail for a Mossberg 500 / Mav. 88, if your receiver IS drilled and tapped. Or you could also use it for a template to locate and mark where the holes need to be. Good luck with the new 88 and be safe.

Archametes said:
Just a side note: the picture you posted is for an 870. Notice the 2 pin locations for their trigger assembly. Sorry to be a stickler, but I'd rather not see a Newbie go buy the wrong thing based on a picture either.

I have an extra rail for a Mossberg 500 / Mav. 88, if your receiver IS drilled and tapped. Or you could also use it for a template to locate and mark where the holes need to be. Good luck with the new 88 and be safe.

thank you for spotting that. :) i changed the pic. sorry about that.

here's pics from another members(Bbqznbeer),,,mossy.

Attachments

• Bbqznbeer1.jpg
    Bbqznbeer1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,102
  • Bbqznbeer2.jpg
    Bbqznbeer2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,102
Not a problem, like I said I just don't wanna see somebody waste time by getting the wrong one 1st based on a pic they saw.

Archametes said:
Not a problem, like I said I just don't wanna see somebody waste time by getting the wrong one 1st based on a pic they saw.

thank you Archametes.

I've seen a few for 500/590/835, but not for the 930.

I'll do some lookin around and see what I come up with...

Back