• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ShotGun Stick

GUAR

Copper BB
I just bought my first shotgun, mossberg 500 tactical and i have a question. Inside the tube where you load the shells there is a wood stick with 2 o rings on it. I think its called the drum stick. Is that to limit how many shells you can insert at one given time? Is it bad if you take it out and leave it out? Is it just suppose to float inside the tube, or have to be at a certain spot for the gun to function properly.

welcome from NY.
you can take it out. its used to limit mag capacity for certain hunting apps.

Yes, that is to limit the number of rounds that'll fit.

If you're using the weapon for hunting, leave it in. Otherwise, take it out and load as many rounds as will fit. Took the dowel out of mine the first night I had the weapon home and I honestly couldn't tell ya where it is...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Took the dowel out of mine the first night I had the weapon home and I honestly couldn't tell ya where it is...

That made me laugh :lol:

I randomly find stuff around here that I put up for safe keeping. This morning, while waiting USPS to bring the tube clamp/rail mount for my new shot gun, I found one I had stashed away in a box my Harris bi-pod came in. :roll:

I too took the dowel out of mine within minutes of opening the box. But, I put it up safe and secure so I can surprise myself when I stumble across it again in a few years :mrgreen:

Back