• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun vest

A couple of weeks ago I saw a vest that got my attention on a tv show. I forget which program it was, but they were doing a segment on 3 gun. Anyway, the vest was set up to allow the shooter to grab 2 shells at a time for loading. All the shells were in the front of the vest and stacked 2 vertically. Any ideas as to what vest I am talking about?

I don't know of any specific vest with that arrangement. How you searched for 3 gun competition vests?

There are shotgun shell holders, usually stacked 4 rounds layin horizontally, otherwise any molle vest will allow two shells to be placed side x side, though they don't stay put very well while movin around.

MOLLE vests can be inexpensive, from say $15 for milsurp into $100 and up, nearly $200 with hydration.

There are vests out there designed for hunters that let you stack the shells in a tube on the vest.
A friend of mine has one....Reviews are OK.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

s7_943830_520_01

This vest looked like it had polymer/plastic retainers holding "pairs" of shells vertically. IIRC there were about 3 horizontal rows that had 3-4 vertical "pairs". The vest looked tactical. The shooter could grab a pair and load them in the same time it took to load one shell at a time.

That's cool, I like it! I didn't come up with anything like that in my searches.

Back