• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun wraps/skins

ScottyB

.270 WIN
Anyone have a preferred wrap for their shotgun? I would like to get Realtree Max 4 or 5, as I will be using it mainly for waterfowling. I only plan on wrapping the stock and forend.

Thanks,
Scott

Although no one has replied to this I'll keep you guys posted. I just ordered a skin from GunSkins.com. I ordered one of the semi-digital skins, being the pattern named "V1-WD". Sort of a woodland digital but not quite.
I'm not doing this so much to be "tactical" or for practicality, although it will be, as I only plan to use it on the stock and forearm because I really don't like camo guns in general.
Once I get it put on and everything I will post pictures and a short evaluation.

-Scott

I don't kmow to much about gun wraps but I'd be interested in seeing a picture or 2 of the finished product maybe do a mini review about the process! Good luck!

Ive never used wraps but look forward to seeing how it goes. You never know when the need may arise.

I've seen that too, Crappiepro, but I opted to get the GunSkins one for two reasons: 1. I liked the pattern they offered better. 2. My buddy and I have a sort of joking rivalry where I'm pro RealTree and he's pro Mossy Oak. He already accidentally bought a Realtree Max4 phone case, I can't slip up.

Post up some photo's when you get it done. I'm a Mossy Oak guy myself. I love the Obsession pattern. I got a accouple guns I'd like to do.

I'll definitely let you guys know. GunSkins doesn't have RealTree or Mossy Oak camos, just something similar to each. I'm not sure if the MossyOak wraps are vinyl or not like the GunSkins ones. Either way, I'll give my opinion on it. Give me about a week or so.

Ok, guys, here it is. It finally came and I put it on. I have a few suggestions to start off.

1. Don't drink before you attempt to do this. At least not much, maybe one beer to ease your nerves because you may need it.
2. Make sure you do have something to drink afterward.
3. Take your time

Anyway, putting the wrap on the foregrip wasn't too bad because it's fairly blocky. On the other hand, the stock was a pain in the ass. It was very difficult to get it to contour to all of the slopes and "roundness". All in all, it came out about the best I think it could have. I'm not sure how long either ill leave it on, or it'll stay on itself.
I definitely do suggest following the instructions to the T.

I'll follow this up at some point with more pros and cons. (eg waterproof ness, how it stands up to heat)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822.1 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 35
Cool have to use a heat gun or hair dryer to apply it kinda curious?
Yes, you use either in order to relax the vinyl and allow it to lay correctly. My problem was that once I got the vinyl heated it would either double over on itself because it got too soft, or before I put the hair dryer down it got too cool and wouldn't conform. Either way, once I would get it to stick it would cool and peel itself back off, hence the relief cuts I made.
I should also add that I applied this on a cold winter day, after dark, in my house which I keep at like 62. Plus the furniture was cold.
I would certainly suggest doing this on a hot, sunny summer day in direct sunlight to allow the vinyl to relax as much as possible. In that case you probably wouldn't need the heat gun.

Looks good. Let us know how it holds up to some use.

@ScottyB I just ordered a 6"x72" Gear Skin and a Scope Skin in A-TACS FG for one of my AICS rigs.

...gonna make sure I have a couple fingers of Scotch poured for when the job is done. I'll post up some pics when it's done...

My Gear Skin showed up today, but it's not the 6"x72" template as advertised.

What I received is 8"x50" and when cut is only enough material to cover one side of my AICS rig. I have an e-mail in to them to see if they're going to make it right...

Back