1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Shotguns hushpower !!

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by Djcala, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Here stateside, we pretty lucky in our firearm access, BUT i saw these on a upland game dog forum im part of, that is primarily folks in England, I'm pretty green with envy. Nice Mossys with some quietness. They apparently have a decent selection of,suitable,subsonic ammo ive never even seen a subsonic shotshell Screenshot_2019-02-10-13-45-51.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-10-13-46-19.jpg
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Not sure about in England, but where I live, anything less than 1115 fps (summer) is subsonic, and I tend to try to keep the velocity down to under 1060fps at tops.

I know a guy on silencertalk forum who recently made a 410 suppressor. It's mostly done with an outer tube and about a gazillion holes drilled into the barrel to let the gas port over the barrel and shoe eyelets over the barrel to disrupt the gas. I'll see if I can find a photo or video of it. It's quiet.

I would imagine that he probably would load his own shells. Using 15.0 gr of Titegroup with figure 8 Remington style wads and 1-1/8 oz of shot will clock in at 1090 fps according to Hogdon load data, so you could probably drop the powder weight down a half a grain and be under supersonic regularly enough with maybe the occasional supersonic crack.

I found a photo dj, but I would prefer to PM or email it to you since it's not my picture or handiwork and I don't know if he wants them all over the internet. And to make it better, looks like it's a single shot NEF or H&R. ;)
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Duh !!! Ya makin me,feel,lil dumb there @John A. I guess I have seen a few subsonic shotshell over the years LOL. Dunce hat accepted for the day
    sixbennetts and meanstreak like this.
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Wasn't my intention to make anyone feel dumb. Just trying to help out. I sent you a PM with some video and picture.

meanstreak and Djcala like this.
  5. sixbennetts

sixbennetts .410

Those are very quiet, friendo.

PicsArt_02-10-09.55.54.jpg
    meanstreak and Djcala like this.