• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns hushpower !!

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Here stateside, we pretty lucky in our firearm access, BUT i saw these on a upland game dog forum im part of, that is primarily folks in England, I'm pretty green with envy. Nice Mossys with some quietness. They apparently have a decent selection of,suitable,subsonic ammo ive never even seen a subsonic shotshellScreenshot_2019-02-10-13-45-51.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-10-13-46-19.jpg

Not sure about in England, but where I live, anything less than 1115 fps (summer) is subsonic, and I tend to try to keep the velocity down to under 1060fps at tops.

I know a guy on silencertalk forum who recently made a 410 suppressor. It's mostly done with an outer tube and about a gazillion holes drilled into the barrel to let the gas port over the barrel and shoe eyelets over the barrel to disrupt the gas. I'll see if I can find a photo or video of it. It's quiet.

I would imagine that he probably would load his own shells. Using 15.0 gr of Titegroup with figure 8 Remington style wads and 1-1/8 oz of shot will clock in at 1090 fps according to Hogdon load data, so you could probably drop the powder weight down a half a grain and be under supersonic regularly enough with maybe the occasional supersonic crack.

I found a photo dj, but I would prefer to PM or email it to you since it's not my picture or handiwork and I don't know if he wants them all over the internet. And to make it better, looks like it's a single shot NEF or H&R. ;)

Wasn't my intention to make anyone feel dumb. Just trying to help out. I sent you a PM with some video and picture.

Back