• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

I figure by the time Kel-tec spits them out, the craze dies down and they are readily available... I'll be approx. 60... haha

I was given a Winchester 1300 field gun today! I think its a 26" barrel, vent rib, and threaded WinChoke and came with a modified choke. No pics yet, sorry... I know its a major breach of policy/terms and conditions of use to post without pics, but its extremely busy here these days and the next several to come.

I don't know much about the 1300's accept they aren't made anymore and I'm excited to have and lookin forward to takin it out in the field!!!

Thus far here's what I like;
Action slide release is in the same location as my Mossbergs.
I like the long vent rib barrel.
Already threaded and includes a modified tube.

Don't like;
The cross bar safety like Remingtons.
Shell lifter is also like Remingtons.

Here are a couple pics! I apologize, I can't resize them on my phone.

IMG_20121019_125750.jpg

IMG_20121019_120531-2.jpg

Thanks man! Guy said this was the "newest" among his firearms and even so its 30 some odd years old!

Its been well used and shows how well its been loved by the wear on the magazine tube.

I'm actually registered over there on WO and posted it there too! I think its a Ranger model, it meets the description, but not sure. The WO site doesn't get as much traffic as we do here! :lol:

Just picked up this early 60's Rem 870 Wingmaster in 16 gauge. Got it for a good price from a member over at 16ga.com
The barrel has been cut down and nicely re-crowned to just under 21". Reminds me of the shotgun some old farmer would come out in his underwear and chase kids off his lawn with, lol

DSCF5639.jpg

DSCF5640.jpg

Don't mind me, apparently having a bad hair day...
DSCF5643.jpg

A Zombies Minge said:
Reminds me of the shotgun some old farmer would come out in his underwear and chase kids off his lawn with, lol

Real good lookin gun! And to the point of your statement, my mother in laws go to gun on the farm is a single sbot Stevens 16 ga.! Its a 28" barrel I think and it comes out regularly to fend off anything that tries to get into the chicken pen! :D

Love the old 870's. I've never seen one in 16G. I knew they existed but this is the first one I've seen.

Brad, that Winchester is a nice looking gun as well.

Thanks for the reply's. To be honest I was unsure how people would respond since the 870 is pretty much the direct competition for the Moss 500. I wanted to get something small enough for HD without doing the usual tacit-cool style shotgun. I am looking into a a pistol grip-full stock combo, maybe the Knoxx spec-ops II.
I am going to pattern it this weekend with some #1 and silhouette targets to get an idea of my effective rang :ugeek: e. Will update...

We just like guns brother, it doesn't matter who makes them.

We also run the Remington Owners forum, so you won't catch any crap from us about buying an 870. A word of caution on the Gen II Knoxx stocks, we've seen the same issue over and over. The pistol grips snap off under recoil. I run a Gen 1 on my 590 and it's been great, but I wouldn't put a Gen II on my shotgun if they paid me. Here's one of the threads highlighting the issue...

Another broken Gen II

Heck its a firearm. That pretty much makes it SWEET!!! One of the firearms I most want is an original Remington police magnum with the parkerizing that looks kinda grey/green and wood furniture that's already stained from use and will oil up to a nice petina.

We have several "Owners" sites and among them we've covered a great deal many firearms!

This old gal was purchased in the 70's by my now deceased father. It provided protection and security to my family while we moved across the country during his service in the Navy. I pretty much leave it in the safe and only bring it out a few times a year to shoot and breakdown to clean and lubricate. Probably my favorite firearm he left to me.
Ithaca 37 12ga
008.jpg

Yea I have a special place for the 37's just because of the sentiment tied to this particular one. Shes worn, not as pretty as she used to be. My father refinished the stock years ago and I remember sitting in the garage with him while he did it trying to sneak sips of his beer haha. The gun was definitely a working gun for our family. There is also an old double barrel that he had in his collection. My brother has that but I may see if I can get a pic of it. I honestly have no idea what type it is and wouldn't mind some of the experts here telling me what it is. I really enjoy threads like these. I hope this one stays alive.

Back