• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

"Worthington" shotguns?!

I recently discovered that there have been shotguns manufactured by the Worthington Arms Co. Here's a picture I've found of one:

worthington1.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Anyone know much about these things? Value? Quality? Availability? For very obvious reasons, I believe I might like to own one one day. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.

Re: "Worthington" shotguns?!

Tom,

Much like Mossberg used to sell guns under the name New Haven to department stores, Worthington Arms was a trade name stamped on shotguns sold to the George Worthington Co. in Cleveland Ohio. Worthington was an early 1800's hardware and industrial supply magnate credited as a signifigant figure in the early commercial and industrial development of Cleveland. Here's some info on his company...

George Worthington Co.

Early model Worthington guns were manufactured by Crescent Firearms of Norwich,CT., a subsidiary of H&D Folsom Sporting Goods. H&D Folsom and its subsidiaries were bought out by the Stevens Arms & Tool Co. division of Savage Arms Co, in 1935.

So depending on what year the Worthington shotgun in question was made, it could either be a Crescent or a Stevens. Under the different banners, the company is reported to have manufactured somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000,000 shotguns under hundreds of different store brand names. Don't have any first hand knowledge of their quality and not sure how many of these were branded Worthington, but I would imagine the current value would be in the $75-$100 range depending on the condition. You might try contacting a specialty collector for more accurate production quantities and value...

Am I crazy or what? - I traded in a Beretta A303 in July to my local store and saw my shotgun there this week and re-bought it back. The day I traded it in a regretted it - it appeared back in the store - probably because it was a special trap with a 32" barrel.

Great gun - glad to have it back.

JoeRotella said:
Am I crazy or what? - I traded in a Beretta A303 in July to my local store and saw my shotgun there this week and re-bought it back. The day I traded it in a regretted it - it appeared back in the store - probably because it was a special trap with a 32" barrel.

Great gun - glad to have it back.

Congrats. I have one or two I would buy back if given the opportunity.

Just curious, did you get a good deal on it. LOL

MikeD said:
Just curious, did you get a good deal on it. LOL

Personally, I really hope he was able to say, "Hey, it was mine to begin with!" and the Salesman was cool about it and gave it too him for what he was paid or maybe even just a little more. But my realism side screams.... BEND OVER *Snaps Rubber Glove* ... I sold an H&R Pardner Tracker II slugger too Gander Mtn for $125 trade-in and it was literally like brand new, 10 rounds fired. They slapped a "New $299.99" sticker on it and threw it on the "New Gun" racks behind the counter... sick

I actually paid the $25 less than I got for the trade - when I traded it in it was for a Winchester 101 over/under the "new gun" (1960's hand engraved) was much more. The Beretta sat there for a while and was gone then it came back last week - the owner is a guy who I got to know pretty well and I said how much out the door, he took it to his club and shot trap (he shot 24 out of 25) and called me and said its a great gun and almost kept it for himself - He treated me great. If your ever in RI Heritage Guns in Warwick, RI ask for Frank - He's ok.

I dont usually buy non Mossberg shotguns but was in the gun store the other day and couldnt pass on this Hatsan MPA 7+1 that was in the sale. Took it to the range seems to run on any shells I feed it. Its proofed to 3" magnum loads. Cant wait to give it a go on this years semi-auto slug matches.

405153255.jpg

Cheers guys, For some reason the UK model doesnt come with a threaded barrel. However I checked the choke and its the same thread as a binelli one. So with that orderd a Trulock Choke

405153849.jpg

1 Month wait on the choke though, apparantly they have sold out in the US :lol: Got it on back order though

Anyone own a Stevens 320?

I've recently been given the opportunity to pick up a Stevens 320 Security model with the pistol grip and ghost ring sights for absolutely dirt cheap.....probably haggle it down to $100 with no problems. I know these aren't high-end guns to begin with but I'm wondering if anyone here has one or has had one in the recent past and has any input on it. Would it at least be worth spending a hundred on it since it's main purpose will be a "trunk gun" for my Durango?

Re: Anyone own a Stevens 320?

I own a couple of steven shotguns, if it's in working order and you don't want it and you can get it for anywhere near $100, go ahead and get it for me, and I'll give your money back for it and you can send it to my local FFL for legal transfer.

Serious.

I don't have any experience with that particular model, but my experience with other stevens/savage guns have all been very satisfactory. Just watch/look for obvious owner screwups.

The only drawback with stevens shotguns to me, are older repair/replacement parts are sometimes hard to find.

Thanks for the advice John. There shouldn't be any "owner screw-ups" to this particular gun. He bought it for himself for Christmas and then found out that his new spousal unit is EXTREMELY anti-gun......as in she went to her parents house and refused to go back home until the shotty was out of the house, lol. That's why I think I can get him down around half of retail price. :)

I'll send a PM instead of posting it here.

My model 12.

My grandfather bought this in 19 something for $25 gave it to my dad in 1960. And now me and my brother have it. Checked the numbers through Winchester and made in 1929. Iv never seen one like it.

2nd pic is the end of the barrel. Has removable chockes.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358015284884.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358015284884.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 282
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358015339031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358015339031.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 282
Back