• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ah man, that sucks bro...

It's cool, I went on numrich and ordered a new firing pin. It's only held in by one of the pins... and that's the only thing that particular one is used for... so in theory it shouldn't bee too complicated... we'll see, my spirits are not broken ;)

While we are on the topic of H&R/NEF shotguns... are all the shotguns SB1 frames and only compatible with other shotgun barrels in the "Barrel Accessories Program" ?

I read the rules and requirements different every time I jump on their site. I have a 20 gauge sitting at my Mother-in-laws I would like to make a 12ga SHTF (18.5" Barrel - OD Green - Threaded for Chokes - Bead Sight) but don't want to spend $30 shipping a firearm they won't work on... lol

EDIT:

All shotgun frames (SB-1) 1987 and newer and rifle frames (SB-2) produced between 1987 and 1999 or 1999 and newer may be fitted with additional shotgun and muzzleloader barrels only, if frame passes inspection.

Hmm... SO even SB2 frames that are PRE-2000 may not have a rifle barrel added.... SO I would be safe maybe getting a 12ga barrel and whacking it off? :lol:

Re: Poly-Frame Photo Thread

New MKA 1919 12 gauge shoots Awesome and fast!!

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364687658.302242.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364687658.302242.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 223
aksavanaman said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ah man, that sucks bro...

It's cool, I went on numrich and ordered a new firing pin. It's only held in by one of the pins... and that's the only thing that particular one is used for... so in theory it shouldn't bee too complicated... we'll see, my spirits are not broken ;)

Got the old firing pin out... sure enough, that was the issue ;) I only had to float one pin in order to get it out, so I'm not having to mess with taking EVERYTHING apart. It's probably going to be a bit more of a PITA to get her back in, but... at least I know this is the only thing to get her back into action.

:lol: AK that is really funny! My Father-in-law has an old H&R or NEF 12 gauge I call it Lincoln's Repeater... A) Because, it is old as dirt! B) No man could tell a lie at the business end and C) It's a freaking monster to shoot! lol

A buddy of mine wanted to shoot it and insisted "I don't want any chick load either!!" .... 3" Magnum Super-X 1oz Slug was loaded.... "Where one layeth on his rump, he shall remain for many hours!"

Itsricmo said:
:lol: AK that is really funny! My Father-in-law has an old H&R or NEF 12 gauge I call it Lincoln's Repeater... A) Because, it is old as dirt! B) No man could tell a lie at the business end and C) It's a freaking monster to shoot! lol

A buddy of mine wanted to shoot it and insisted "I don't want any chick load either!!" .... 3" Magnum Super-X 1oz Slug was loaded.... "Where one layeth on his rump, he shall remain for many hours!"

I had a HUGE amount of fun putting shells through this thing(before the firing pin broke), even if it beat me like a readheaded stepchild :lol: I think if when I get her going again, she'll be our bear protection for this summer. At barely 6lbs it's pretty easy to lug around, and paired with some Brenneke Black Magic 3" Magnums I think it'll be well suited for the job.

Re: Poly-Frame Photo Thread

feegee said:
New MKA 1919 12 gauge shoots Awesome and fast!!

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Who did you have to dispense off in order to get that home with you??? :D Definitely a unique piece, how does it shoot?

I checked out my Fiance's Uncle's old 20ga H&R... I tried to nab it for a good price so I could make it my SHTF truck gun but he doesn't want to part with it yet... Single Shots are where my Firearms life started and they will always have that special spot :p

Itsricmo said:
I checked out my Fiance's Uncle's old 20ga H&R... I tried to nab it for a good price so I could make it my SHTF truck gun but he doesn't want to part with it yet... Single Shots are where my Firearms life started and they will always have that special spot :p

My daughter isn't even 3 yet and I've been thinking of buying her a .22 Cricket, but I've also seen the .410 Pardeners at Walmart for pretty cheap.

I kinda like the rossi .22/410 combos for a first gun there single shots and a .22 is great to learn one and the .410 is great for small game so you take care of 2 things with 1 stone.

Sorry for the edit seen were i put 2 thinks with 1 stone

Finished (well almost :p) fixing my broken firing pin on the Topper 88. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever worked on. It was a bit of a PITA fishing parts in that cast receiver, but after a little trial and error... some curse words and a few beers, the actions back together and ready to unleash hell, one round at a time :D

P.S: The "almost" part up there is in reference to the stupid little plastic piece that screws into the end of the wood forend. It keeps the barrel up against the rotating lug when you eject a round so the whole barrel doesn't just pop out......well, I saw it in my garage yesterday... now it's no where to be found. Figures, I spend all this time putting the actual working part of the gun together and I loose a little plastic piece... my search goes on :D

Lol, you guys don't get pictures until I find it :twisted: , otherwise Numrich's will be getting another order from me! On that note, what a great company! They had almost everything in stock I would have needed to completely replace all the internals (on second thought, pretty sure they had everything other than recievers :D ) and they shipped next day... they'll be getting my business in the future!

Everything is back together, all parts are on! She'll be a great hiking companion and the limbsaver does wonders! I re-stained the wood, and used a blow torch to give it some "character". Installed a bead site on the now 19" barrel with a tap and die set from midway. All in all I think I spent about $40 on all the new parts. The only thing I'm still not happy with is the bluing, but I'll figure out a good technique sooner or later, I'm please for now!

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

mjadams61 said:
Has anyone has a Akkar shotgun?

Here,this brand,is very well known.They have sold mainly one model named"Stinger" with two barrel versions:15" and 18.5".They produce with a good quality-price ratio.I think that their barrels are tested at 1400 bar.
I know people who has shooted thousands of rounds without problems.Any bad word in several forums over here ,except for the foldable stock that comes with the traditional stock.A good option for people who wants a shotgun for home defense on a little budget.Also,very used here for hunting in very dense areas.
A friend of mine has ordered this model with 15" barrel.He wants it to train tactical shooting.Actually he has a Benelli pump shotgun very similar to it in his police patrol car.

http://www.akkar.com.tr/karatay-tk-355-t283536,2,410

Back