1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by DaveinCT, Dec 22, 2010.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Not sure we have enough bandwidth for the long version... :confused:
    SHOOTER13, cmcdonald and stigmata like this.
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Came home from a recent visit with my folks back in Texas with my Grandad's old 12 gauge hunting gun, a Marlin Model 19...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pic below shows how the slide action pushes the bolt out the back of the receiver to cock the hammer much in the same manner of a lever action rifle. It's a really cool design you don't see every day...

[​IMG]

Almost all the bluing is worn off, but for being made between 1906-1907 it's in really good shape...
    TravisM.1, Rossignol, LTB45 and 3 others like this.
  3. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I really like that.
  4. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

She's a beauty.
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thank you Gentlemen.

I'm really proud of this one...
  6. stigmata

stigmata 20g

Awesome score LES. You got some great firearms from your family.
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thank you Sir...
  8. Oldcarnieken

Oldcarnieken .270 WIN

0730151440-1-1.jpg 0730151440c-1.jpg 0730151440b-1.jpg My brother gave this to me last Christmas... Stevens 16 ga sxs...
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  9. Sirex

Sirex .22LR

I had a Remington 870 Police Magnum I liked for a while. Spent some $. I wanted a Remington shotgun to go with my Remington 700 and Remington M91. Then I bought a Pardner Pump protector as a spare shotty and kinda fell out of love with the 870 because the cheap Pardner was every bit as good as the 870. Eventually I sold the 870 to pay bills and gave the Pardner to my dad. I also had a Tristar pump gun I got in a trade. I liked it pretty well. Nice shotty but eventually traded it away too.
    Rossignol likes this.
  10. st1264

st1264 .270 WIN

I'm interested in this 14" Supernova... I live in Canada so the barrel length isn't a problem. It's a pricey shotgun, just wondering if anyone has a Supernova and has anything to say about it. That collapsible stock seems interesting. It's in stock at a local gun shop and I was going to fondle it and see if it feels good. I already have a 14" 590A1 & a Fabarm Pro Forces 14", unsure if I need another SBS.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rossignol likes this.
  11. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I do not own one. I had looked at the Super Nova years ago. At the time I opted to go with something else with a little more heft to it. It's a really light gun.
  12. Deog

Deog .30-06 BANNED

Scored a Winchester 1300 defender tonight, 7 plus one, wood furniture, don't think it has ever been shot. Wait for it. $100.00
    Went for thanksgiving dinner, ate , went home with 12 gauge. Not a bad thanksgiving.
    Will get some pics In the next few days.
    MikeD, Rossignol and LAZY EYED SNIPER like this.
  13. LAZY EYED SNIPER

14. Deog

Deog .30-06 BANNED

Tell me about the Winchester. How does she compare to the 500 ?
  15. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Never shot one, but a brand new shotgun for $100 is always a nice score...
    MikeD likes this.
  16. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Nice! Going agree with LES any workjng shotgun for $100 is a good deal.

Look forward to seeing pics
  17. JRExplorer3

JRExplorer3 .270 WIN

picking one of these up today

[​IMG]

Rock Island Armory M5 Nickel 12-Gauge Pump Security Shotgun
    Rossignol likes this.
  18. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Nice.

Good lookin pump gun. Be sure to post back once you have it with your initial impressions and a range report once you're able...
  19. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

That sure is shiny.
  20. JRExplorer3

JRExplorer3 .270 WIN

what's the best way to clean off the packing oil on the gun?
    [​IMG]