• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Savage OU

Here is my Savage 22lr/20 OU. This has more kills than any gun I own. Porcupines and grey squirrels will ring timber and kill it of in patches. From age 10 to 15 the timber owner would have the local kids go into the units a month before logging and shoot as many as we could.2 bucks a squirrel and 5 bucks a porcupine…..good ol days, I redid the stock 10 years ago .
IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Re: Savage OU

it is, I had a 30-30/12 for about a month but someone made an offer I couldnt refuse.

SRM 1216 Auto Shotgun

http://initialpointarms.com/srm1216.aspx

srmrm1.jpg

The SRM 1216 marks a revolutions in tactical shotgun design and functionality.

Ergonomic, compact design along with the flexibility of a detachable magazine provides unsurpassed firepower, force multiplication, and tactical advantages.
Rotary, detachable, high-capacity magazine holding 16 rounds of either 2 3/4 or 3-inch shotshells.
Semi-automatic action that self feeds following the rotation of the quad-tube, revolving magazine.
Roller delayed action provides fast cycling and reduced felt recoil.
An integrated picatinny rail combined with a three face hand-guard rail offers the shooter a broad range of options for mounting optics, sights, lights, and other tactical accessories.
Pushpin disassembly and break open design allows for easy field stripping and maintenance.
Ambidextrous receiver and controls can be set up for either right or left-handed shooters.
1216%20Specifications%20Chart%20-%20MI.jpg

Saiga 12 gauge

My local gun shop has a new one for $749.00. I think that's my new drool,I mean dream gun. I was there yesterday and if I had 200 hundred more dollars in my pocket I would have brought it home then.
Any of you guys ever shot one? Or even have/ had one? I'm realllllllllly interested in one. I might even go back this week to drool over it again.

Re: Saiga 12 gauge

I know its on the list of shotguns to own for me but not sure when I will purchase one.

The gun shops in Socal are saying that if you want one buy it now as they may be banned here. O, they want a $1000.

I like the concept of a 20 round magazine full of 12 gauge...or the fact that it can go belt fed !! :mrgreen: ...or be used for sexy pics...

20roundsaigamag.jpg

saiga-12_beltfed.jpg

Saiga12-girl.jpg

:mrgreen:

cbshooter said:
The gun shops in Socal are saying that if you want one buy it now as they may be banned here. O, they want a $1000.

Only $537.99...at this site anyway

=====================================================

http://www.saiga-shotguns.com/category/ ... ns_12.aspx

=====================================================

From the RAA home page:

The Saiga shotguns are the fastest shotguns on the market, ideal for all types of shotgun shooters. The key to the speed of every Saiga firearm lays in the design, which is a direct copy of the AK47 action. The piston driven rotating bolt design, is still found through out the world, and is considered the best operation due to the low maintenance.

Now the legacy lives on through the high quality, and unmatched reliability found in every firearm imported under the Saiga name. Originally made by Izmesh, every Saiga firearms goes through a strict testing process, to ensure the integrrity of all weapons, prior to exporting.

Saiga firearms are imported by Russian American Arms, also known as Saiga / RAA. Despite the mass production of these remarkable firearms, each one lives up to the standards put in place by Mikhail Kalashnikov, who still holds a hands on position in engineering of new products, as well as new innovation.

So no matter what your opinion of the AK47 design, it is the most reliable firearm produced in the last century. The Kalashnikov designs are meant to be solid as a rock, with out the need for cleaning, :lol: like most other firearms of the modern era. Also to keep cost of every Saiga rifle and Saiga shotgun down, the receivers are made from a stamping process, which allows for the very low production cost, and has been considered the average man's must have hunting rifle.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SHOOTER13 said:
cbshooter said:

Only $537.99...at this site anyway

Available Soon. I wonder what soon is?

Probably can't keep 'em in stock at that price...remember, he is importing them. That or the crackdown by BATFE has already begun...it's been in the news that they don't like this kind of "imported" firepower. If you see one, I suggest you buy it !!

STOEGER

Here is a picture of my first shotgun...a Stoeger Uplander side by side or double as they are sometimes refered to by shotgun aficionados.

IGASTOEGER12G.jpg

She is a 12 gauge field grade model that come with American Walnut stocks and a 26" ribbed barrel that is fixed choked IC & M and has a gold bead sight. Weight is around 7.5lbs unloaded. I bought her for $180 way back in the day...before the company was bought by Sako, then Benelli, then by Berretta. She retails now for around $400 today...

I took my very first deer with a "pumpkin ball" slug on a hunting trip with my father, and have used it since then to take duck, pheasant, quail, turkey, rabbit, fox, groundhog, and just about any other small game you can think of.

Re: STOEGER

I have guns like this in my collection. Not much special about them build wise or high tech wise but just a workhorse and as reliable as a hammer. I have a single shot Winchester 16 ga that my Grandpa gave me .He bought it in 1932 for like 35 bucks new. It probably has more confirmed kills than any gun I own. Memories attached to a gun are more valuable than the gun sometimes. Anyway nice side by side

Re: STOEGER

Thanks Bro !!

Absolutely...a firearm with sentiments attached just make it all the more valuable in my eyes.

I wouldn't mind seeing that old Winchester single shot...did you ever post it here or on the Winchester Owners site ?

t5c9cl.jpg

that's roughly what the one i was talking about looks like. no pistol grip, illegal on it in CT. oh well.
anyhow they are closed today, (monday) and i left the store last night and they were locking up for the night. i was talking it over with my wife, and she says, "i can't tell you not to get a gun, if you want it, and our bills are paid, then go ahead and get it."

wooo efing hooo! they open up at 10am and i have to go by there to go to work. so i'm getting it. since they are closed today and i'll be one of the first to get there in the am, i am confident it will still be there waiting for me.

side note. she asks me if it's a hunting gun. i said yes. for bears. ha ha...

oh man....i'll get pics when i get it. and of course show em off somewhere here....so you guys can drool too.

Back