• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Re: Saiga 12 gauge

Congrats ripjack !!

Pics first thing man...hell, I'm excited !! ;)

Russian American Arms

I picked up a Saiga Legion 12 gauge today. It's beautiful. And a box of 5 Federal slugs.
I'm hopefully going to try it this weekend. Oh, when I get home I'll get some pix up.....

Re: Russian American Arms

Awesome rip !! Can't wait to see her...

Congratulations on your new Saiga 12 ga shotgun!

The one I looked at I really liked but they want a lot for it where I live. I think you will be happy with your purchase.

Yeah, the prices have doubled in the past six months due to the threat of a ban on future import. They were selling for under $400 this time last year, now you're lucky to find one for less than double that...

ripjack13 said:
I picked up a Saiga12 gauge today. It's beautiful. And a box of 5 Federal slugs.
I'm hopefully going to try it this weekend. Oh, when I get home I'll get some pix up.....

I hope you have more than 5 shells

tVKG0.jpg

there it is. i need to get better pics of it this weekend. yes i have more than 5 shells oli. i meant to say a couple of boxes. darn phone picks and chooses my words...sorry.

Remington 877

This may be old news to many, but I dropped by my local wally world for the first time in months and months and saw a Remington 877 12 ga and wanted to look it over.

I thought, that's a mighty long barrel, but it could be chopped down to a more suiting length, then the lady hands it to me.

Right off I notice it doesn't weigh much at all and kinda front heavy even.

I look at it a second and I'll be, if it didn't have a plastic receiver.

I peck it with my fingernail to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and sure enough, plastic.

I just handed it back to the lady and said thanks.

I was not really too impressed.

I'm used to metal, and I bet that thing would kick like a mule if using 3 inch magnums.

Re: Remington 877

Plastic?

Wow! I've seen a few AR manufacturers using carbon fiber receivers, but plastic! That's a first for me. I wouldn't be too comfortable firing standard loads through that thing much less magnums...

is that the one with the plastic over the full length of the barrel ? Like a thin metal tube stuffed in a plastic tube. If so I have held one. I dont care how cool or light it is it felt like a super soaker and wouldnt stand up to my uses.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Plastic?

Wow! I've seen a few AR manufacturers using carbon fiber receivers, but plastic! That's a first for me. I wouldn't be too comfortable firing standard loads through that thing much less magnums...

Carbon fiber would be cool but the weave comes undone with abrasion. I had a carbon fiber skid plate on a bike once...stupid use for carbon fiber. It is super stuff, hard and light but it doesn’t do good as soon as you compromise the resin. Carbon composite is a little better for abrasion but it is brittle without the weave that makes carbon fiber.
What do they use for Glock and all the plastic frames on guns these days? That stuff seems to have a good compromise between resilience, and toughness.

Anyway I havent seen a carbon fiber AR but I bet it looks awesome.

oli700 said:
is that the one with the plastic over the full length of the barrel ? Like a thin metal tube stuffed in a plastic tube. If so I have held one. I dont care how cool or light it is it felt like a super soaker and wouldnt stand up to my uses.

yeah, they called it armor lock or something like that.

I was less than impressed.

Here's a quick snapshot I found of a similiar one on the net

img_1184-tfb.jpg

Re: Saiga 12GA

hi dave. just wondering if you are changing out the stock to a recoil reducing one? i know the pistol grip ones are a no no. i'd like to see a oem looking stock that has the recoil system in it. i think blackhawks supposed to come out with one in 2012.

Back