• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Re: 500'S GOT A NEW BUDDY!!

Firearms are still legal in the UK shotguns and such like are defined as section2 firearms ,rim fire and center fire ammunition is defined as section1 firearms ,however all calibre handguns are banned due to a knee jerk reaction by politicians some 20 years ago after some mindless individuals decided to go on a shooting rampage, so dissappeared hundereds of years of handgun shooting heritage . My father owned a shooting club at the time of these incidents and this banning was the nail in the coffin of his buisness.The police are still generally un armed however at all airports and other security areas armed officers are deployed. I work for Merseyside Police and they can deploy 24 armed officers, 24 hours a day 7 days a week ,

Re: 500'S GOT A NEW BUDDY!!

klatuveradanikto said:
VERY WELL DONE ON THE OBSERVATIONS NOW FOR 10 MORE POINTS WHAT MAKE OF WATCH IS SHE WEARING? :lol:

My guess...Tag Heuer...or Rolex. but Possibly a Smiths?

Final answer...
Tag Heuer.

I could sell you a better, selective trigger, Baikal S x S 12 ga. with four chokes included. Tight as a drum, only perhaps 8 years old...I put an ad up but no one has contacted me.
Almost ready to take it out of consignment at a local gunsmith's store- I guess no one has the money in Detroit to buy a good upland gun, or if they do, they spend it on new gadgets. It is never crowded for me to hunt grouse, that's for sure...
Nothing beats the two choke option of a double barrel for upland bird/rabbit hunting. This one is made in Russia and 26" in the field, is a lot more comfortable than my M930- even with the shorter turkey barrel.

Re: Savage OU

Cool...best little rabbit gun I ever owned was a New England single shot 20 ga. Very similar to the Savage pictured.
You hold an extra shell in your left hand between your index and middle finger for rapid re-loading...ha ha. :lol:

There is something about a single shot that takes me back.
As a kid I'd cut a willow to use as a ramrod to get a swelled hull out of the chamber. At the time all I had was a box of hulls and a lee hand reloader, which I put to good use. If not over use so swelled hulls were all too common. The good ol'days? :lol:

Public Service Announcement! Rossi .22/.410 @ Wal-Mart! $109

Public Service Announcement! Rossi .22/.410 at Wal-Mart! $129.00. *$109.00 after $20.00 Rossi Rebate!!! This is one of their "Black Friday" specials that began at 8am today, Friday, Nov. 25. My semi-local store (that stocks long guns) had 2 more in stock when I left there at 9:30am. I don't know when the special ends so check it out! They also had a very nice 36" hard case for $30 and deals on 100ct 12ga Fed. and Win. for $18. Here is the link to the shotgun/rifle: http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details ... umbseries=

Attachments

• S411220BS.jpg
    S411220BS.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 699
I picked this up at the local Dick's a little while back for $229. Stevens Model 350 Security. 5+1 capacity, fiber optic ghost ring sights and an extra field barrel with a screw in choke.

Stevens350Security1.jpg

I added a Choate pistol grip stock, Choate shell follower and a Laserlyte rail adapter for a light.

DSC00868.jpg

The front sight is canted off to the left, I am going to send it back to the factory for service.
It is a solid shotgun, all steel, decent finish. Makes a good HD/truck gun for not alot of money.
I plan to add a 3 Gun Gear side saddle and a better sling to it in the near future.

Thanks. Hopefully it will work out. The reviews I have read have been mixed about it. Most negatives are from people who do not like Chinese weapons. The action is very smooth, but the trigger is horrible. Very heavy and narrow enough that it bites. It has no take up though. I need to get an armorer's book for the Ithaca 37 and take it apart and polish the trigger components to smooth out the trigger pull.

Cleaning my Remington 1100

I recieved my 1100 from my dad 3 years ago when I started to get into waterfowl hunting.
This was a the same shotgun that my dad used when he started waterfowl hunting back in the late 70's. I used it for 1 1/2 seasons of waterfowling when my friend gave me my Mossy 500.
After every hunt I would run a bore snake through it while my buddy was cleaning our kills for the day. And then I would field strip it when I got home and then put it away untill the next weekend.
This year was the first year that I was able to go upland game bird hunting and figured it was easier to use a semi auto than a pump. I followed the same procedure of bore snake then field strip when I got home. The last time we when out is when I had an issue of it not cycling low brass. So when I got home just ran a bore snake through it and said that I would do a complete disassembly and clean it but I never got around to doing that untill today.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: That thing was dirtier than the fingernails of a mechanic.

I was going to take a few pictures but then I did not want to feel embarrassed about it, but now that I am righting about it I wish I would have. Maybe this was the reason it was not cycling correctly.

I sprayed down everything and took an old toothbrush to all the parts. Then I oiled it all up.

I hope I get a chance to go back dove hunting when the season opens back up on December 23.

Re: Cleaning my Remington 1100

Just make sure that you clean out the ports under the barrel lug.
If those 2 holes (1 hole on the magnum barrels) are clogged then cycling will still be a problem, even with the tube and the rings cleaned.

My 2 favorite shotguns are 1100's and 500's. Each have a special place in my arsenal :)

my son ran my 1100 in highschool trap this year , those low brass dirty trap loads are the worst. i would clean an oil after every shoot and it still would hang up from time to time. when I talked to the coach he said he had been running 1100s in trap for years and the best way is dry. we tried it and it worked perfect. ran it the rest of the year that way and zero problems. we did grease the bolt slide points but dry other than that.

.40-.45 said:
my son ran my 1100 in highschool trap this year , those low brass dirty trap loads are the worst. i would clean an oil after every shoot and it still would hang up from time to time. when I talked to the coach he said he had been running 1100s in trap for years and the best way is dry. we tried it and it worked perfect. ran it the rest of the year that way and zero problems. we did grease the bolt slide points but dry other than that.

I am an ATA trap shooter, and my 1966, 1100 is my main gun for Trap.
I was originally told by someone, who was actually taught to shoot Trap at the old Remington gun club in Lordship, CT to shoot my 1100 dry. This information came to him directly from Remington Engineers that designed the 1100.
Some weeks my gun can see well over 600 rounds between practice and competition.
If I run it dry, the cleanup at the end of the week, is a major P.I.A.
So I run my gun wet with a little CLP on the tube and rings. I have found that my gun functions flawlessly this way and clean up is a breeze.

Maybe the old timers just liked scraping crud of the insides of 1100's ...LOL! I really dont know but I have to say that a little CLP helps my gun to function through anything.

My first, and only shotgun so far, Benelli supernova tactical. Pistol grip, ghost rings, short barrel, adj. stock.
The red dot pictured is an eBay knock off aimpoint T1 that I had on an airsoft gun. It didn't last long :p

I love it, handles great, very compact. My only gripe is how damn ugly the stock is. I want to order the fixed version of the pistol grip stock. Only because I have mine fully extended for a proper sight picture anyways.

Also wouldnt mind a rifled barrel for more accurate slug capability.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324333799.059127.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324333799.059127.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 831
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324333851.791790.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324333851.791790.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 831
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324333893.157809.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324333893.157809.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 830
Mhmmm, it's always been a favorite of mine, always out of stock or way overpriced. Then bam! First time out gun shopping, there one is on sale!

Funny how things work out

Back