• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Should I buy one of these?

st1264

.270 WIN
They're a little expensive but supposed to be awesome, Italian made Fabarm Professional Series shotguns. I have the 14" Pro Forces and it's an absolute gem. STF12 w/11" barrels with fixed stock (can't have the folder here as it would put it under 26" OAL).

Here are my options, w/rail, brake/breacher and LPA peep/ghost ring sights and +1 extension (makes a really short shotgun about the same length as my 14" though).

stf12s14750.jpg

Base model with peep and a bead... tough decision. I like the 'stopper' on the forend as you don't want your hand slipping over the muzzle on a shorty like this.

STF12s17700-1.jpg

What do you guys think?

not impressed.

Funny with the youtube movie he collapsed the stock and kept the now pistol grip cheek high with bent arms.... if he had to discharge he'd eat the shotgun in the face.

Buy whatever makes you happy. But a 590A1 with a 12" LOP Hogue stock is just as effective.

not impressed.

Funny with the youtube movie he collapsed the stock and kept the now pistol grip cheek high with bent arms.... if he had to discharge he'd eat the shotgun in the face.

Buy whatever makes you happy. But a 590A1 with a 12" LOP Hogue stock is just as effective.

I have the 14" 590A1 and tried the 12" Hogue stock and took it off immediately, felt too cramped. Ended up putting a pistol grip stock with a 13" LOP and it felt perfect. I believe the STF is also a has 12.6" LOP... might be a problem. It's definitely not a shotgun I can try to shoulder as the store selling them is about 1800 miles away.

Hickok45 has a video of a birdshead gripped Mossy that he shoots like that and doesn't get hit in the face. I have a PGO shotgun and I shoot it from the hip. This is a non-issue as it'll be a fixed stock.

Cool if you have some money to burn but not really my thing.

Many years ago I had an 870 with a factory folding stock. Horrible design. It was very cool looking though and drew a lot of attention. At that time a folding stock on a shotgun was very unusual. I was a range master at an outdoor shooting range and we had rifle lanes, pistol lanes and a couple of throwers for the trap shooters. With hours and hours of time on my hands and ammo back then being very cheap, I got fairly good at hitting clay with the stock folded. Inevitably some one would ask to try it and I was more than happy to let them. My only advice was not to try to look down the top of the barrel. With only a couple of exceptions, most people hit them selves with the shotgun. If you know what a Remington original top folder looked like, you know getting hit with it was a memorable experience.

If you dig it and have the $$$, heck yeah! I'd do I too!

It looks like it has more than what is necessary for sure when a much simpler firearm can do just as well, but you bet I'd buy at least a few firearms with more than necessary equipment if I were able, it's what dreams are made of!

I didn't see a poll attached to this thread, but I vote in the affirmative.

Is there anything you would equally enjoy by spending the same money on something else?

Seeing an Italian SF Delta guy (actor) doing a tactical roll and coming up shooting was something pretty special.

What does this shotgun cost with the stamp (here in the US)?

Seeing an Italian SF Delta guy (actor) doing a tactical roll and coming up shooting was something pretty special.

What does this shotgun cost with the stamp (here in the US)?

Not a clue. I'm in Canada, not sure if these are available in the States as being 100% Italian made. The cheaper one is equivalent to approx $730 US.

Yes, the actor in that dramatization was priceless.

Waited for a year to have these in stock again... people bought them and never put them for sale on the used market, if they did - they marked them up. We got the rare 14" 590A1's last year and no more came (rumor was it was a cancelled LE order we were not supposed to receive), so people marked them up on the used market and made money on them. Supply and demand. If I buy this Fabarm I doubt I'll lose any money on it if I don't like it.

Last edited:
Damn it, I think I'm going to pick one of these up... it's a sexy beast, it's calling to me.
zoom_STF12_COMPACT_INITIAL.png

michelle_jenneke_hipshake_loop.gif

Not to derail the thread, but I watched a few of his videos. Say what you will about some of his theatrics, but Zero can shoot.

Meanwhile, back to the thread at hand.
I like the looks of the shotgun, except for the oversized forearm. I have never liked shotties with forearms that cover half the receiver when the action is open, but I understand that people with shorter arms can manipulate the slide easier. So, YMMV. ;)

Not to derail the thread, but I watched a few of his videos. Say what you will about some of his theatrics, but Zero can shoot.

Meanwhile, back to the thread at hand.
I like the looks of the shotgun, except for the oversized forearm. I have never liked shotties with forearms that cover half the receiver when the action is open, but I understand that people with shorter arms can manipulate the slide easier. So, YMMV. ;)

I have another Fabarm shotgun and it's the same... with this one, that little 'stopper' on the forearm is a good thing as you don't want your hand slipping over the muzzle on a short 11" barrel. I guess I will find out how good the ergonomics are on this shorty, but on my other one - it makes my Mossy's look and feel ordinary (and I love my 500/590's). Dude in the vid looks pretty comfortable...

Back