• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Should I have bought the IMR3031 that I found today?

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I came across 1-lb bottles of new production IMR-3031 that was $29.99 per pound plus tax. I thought it was a bit pricy so I passed.

But should go back and get a couple bottles?

I don't know what the going price is but if you need it and have the cash grab it!!

That's not a bad price for a pound of IMR 3031. In Central California you will pay $31.00 to $34.00 per pound container if you can find it. I just got three 8 pound jugs of IMR 3031 and it was just over $26.00 per pound. Very good rifle powder for a lot of different calibers. I use a lot of it for 223 and 30-30.

I would say its in my top 3 favorite all time powders. I have shot a couple thousand 223, few hundred -06 and 243, it always has some of the best accuracy and while not the fastest it produces respectable velocities. it takes a lot of case space

a lot the ammo used to invent and develop the AR15 was loaded with 3031. it burns real clean and is the "perfect" burn rate to operate the locking and unlocking of AR15s system

It meters like crap but its tolerable , I load 3031 at 23gr with any 55gr projo for my plinking rounds when I have it. Top of the load is 24.5c so I set the powder meter for 23 and just rip them out, they vary a little cause the metering properties but never over a grain

I think 30 bucks is a little spendy, its starting to sit on the shelves here, most expensive I've seen is 27, worth it. Natchez has 8 pounds for 170 . Locally the most I have seen for 8 ponds is 200 and 180 seems to be average of the 4 places I frequent for reloading supplies

I stopped at a large outdoor shop (local place) on my way to he cabin and all their powders were in the $25-$35 per # range. They had a better selection than most around here but still didn't have much. I picked up a can of Varget for $27, they didn't have the Tac I was looking for.

Ammo nerd asking if he should be getting some powder.... reloading gods favor you and you disappoint.

Yoooo Funny Man!!!!

I'm glad I waited. Yesterday a local place that I frequent had a lot of 1-lb bottles of IMR-3031 for $26.95.

I don't need it, but maybe I'll grab another bottle or two for the coming years. Now if I could only find some pistol powder on a store shelf.... then we'd be spending some money!!! Heck, I don't even need that, but I'm a hoarder. What can I say.

It was my only option, LGS had a 1 pound bottle, 8 pound jug, and everything else was large caliber or heavy magnum rifle. it was 30.00 for the pound before tax. but thankfully its a pretty universal poweder, at least as far as load data availibility. guy at the counter was surprised when i told him they didnt have any small rifle primers though. and he claimed that they had just recently had four 1LB bottles of titegroup. so i'll have to check back more frequently.

Back