• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shoulder strap adapter

I picked up an inexpensive shoulder strap when I picked up the SG but I have one problem. It has clips for the ball mount on both ends. I was too excited to get it home and didn't notice the strap style on the rear. (I probably just made some of you cringe with the wrong terminology)

Should I return the strap, or do they make a simple adapter that I could transition the stock end to?

2011-05-31183525.jpg

haha! Your "terminolgy" lol!

Ok, I'll do some cypherin! ;) The ball things, I think are the sling swivel studs, the things that the sling swivels attach to, (the sling swivels being the hardware pictured above on the ends of the sling).

Youre SG should have sling swivel studs either installed or in the box it came in I would think. In that case the sling should work! :)

The only sling swivel stud went into the bayonet lug. I ended up returning that srap and got one for half the price at Wally World. The rear sing swivel was just looped into the rear adjustment of the strap and not sewn in. I just removed it and looped the strap into the existing strap loop on the stock.
I can get a quick photo when I get home.

Thanks for hte terminology help though :oops:

Back