• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

Dubdout,

Nice looking rifle sir. What type of barrel shroud do you have on your 715T. I have been looking for one. I have not yet decided to buy one on build it myself.

I have a question for tactical turtle, daswulf, pablo or speedyquad. Where did you get the operating handle? I've searched the internet but can't seem to find the right keyword to be successful.

jmwookiee said:
I have a question for tactical turtle, daswulf, pablo or speedyquad. Where did you get the operating handle? I've searched the internet but can't seem to find the right keyword to be successful.

If you are talking about the carry handle it came factory with my model. It is attached and cannot be removed with out cutting it off. The flat top version does not come with the handle.

If you are talking about the carry handle it came factory with my model. It is attached and cannot be removed with out cutting it off. The flat top version does not come with the handle.

Thanks for responding. I'm refering to the charging handle. Mine and some others on this site are much thinner.

Like in this pic by bellofello.

Attachments

• charging handle.jpg
    charging handle.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 744
Hey everyone!

I just got one of the 715t's and looking at all your pictures has inspired me to think about doing a paint job. I've never painted a gun before, so my question is would you suggest using a primer? What about a clear coat also? I see that most of you have suggested just using spray paint, so also is there any spray paint out there that you would recommend not using?

Thanks!

I would suggest using Krylon Fusion. I believe it has a built in primer so there is no need to prime before you spray your color. It's made for plastics too. I haven't sprayed a firearm but I've used it on several other projects, it seems to hold up well to normal "wear n tear"

jmwookiee said:

Thanks for responding. I'm refering to the charging handle. Mine and some others on this site are much thinner.

Like in this pic by bellofello.

I don't know why there is a difference...but I wish I had the one with the curve......sorry not much help.

Finally took a picture of my stocker Carry Handle 715...

Attachments

• 715.JPG
    715.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 727
Recently went to the gun show, have been browsing and talking to a lot of people over the past few years, and my first purchase was just 2 days ago, here she is!!Not just my first Mossberg, but my first gun!! Excited about adding modifications, and love the pictures, help me with a lot of ideas!
20130107_182420.jpg

Oh my! I just can't stand looking at all these scary "Assault Rifles" any longer!!!! Oh soooo scary!! Well, on another note....Here's my newest addition!

Attachments

• 1205120819.jpg
    1205120819.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 555
There certainly is L.E.S. ;)
A new idea with every photo.....
...speaking of which...

WebVette said:
Accessories:

Bushnell Trophy 1x28 Red/Green Dot Rifle Scope with 4-Reticles
GDT Tactical Military Foldable Foregrip/Adjustable Bipod Combo

How do you like the grip/bipod ?
Does it seem durable enough for lots , and lots of shooting ? :)

There was mention of the charging(bolt) handles in past posts.
My older 702 carry handle has the curved steel handle , and my 715T has the composite handle .
I like the comp. handle better with both looks and operation , so I went to my local dealer and asked if he could find me a replacement comp. handle ...with no luck.

There's a number of variances (minor) of the "out-of-the-box" Mossy Tact , be it a CH or the FT.

...now , back to $'ebay'$ , and look at those bipod grips ... :lol:

first day out shooting with my 715t, s&w 22s-1 and dads remington 512 and buddies shotgun. some pics of add ons put on my 715t

ok well i tried to post another pic to my showing of my gun and it kept say file too big but it wasnt and now i deleted my first and it still wont let me load images,not sure what i have done wrong.

Figured I'd post mine as it sits so far. Nothing expensive on it as it's just a target/varmint gun for my needs, but I went with a little OD Green on the rail covers, stock pad and inserts on the UTG foregrip. Haven't tried the Tasco Red Dot out yet, but I've put about 300 or so rounds through it so far and it's a great shooting gun! I think I'll take off the stock and paint it OD Green eventually, but I'm not sure whether it needs it for looks or if it'll look any better.

photo1_zpsc55bccb8.jpg

This was a little mod I did last night. It was inspired by a thread I found on here, I think, via a Google search. I would link to it but I had no luck searching for it on Google or here. Basically after a bit of prying with a small tool I finally got the spring loaded pin pulled outward out of the non-adjustable stock. It took a bit of time to get the holes to catch, but it can be done. I fit a small key ring in there and made it adjustable. It's pretty ugly, but effective.

photo_zps6f6d3b02.jpg

Back