• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

I haven't held one in my hands,,,,,but they are all over the internet.
I was equally dumbfounded in my researching this firearm prior to purchasing. New to the forum, picked this up on black Friday. As he mentioned no sights, so I opted for a thrifty 4x32 amazon scope. Love this firearm so far, I also own a m500 Breach Barrel
be4407c6d154fc2941326e7dff3aeb47.jpg

b0ccb860e1dc4dc9c381d8af3dca4cca.jpg

Here's a shot of my 715Talo, my buddy's Sears .22 circa 1920s according to his grandfather, his M500 Persuader and my M500 Breach Barrel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought one also, works like a charm. I also put a scope on mine. Gun case is getting rather crowded :)75yd (Medium).JPG DSCN1250 (Medium).JPG
Here is my target grouping at 55 yards
Norm

I swapped out the stocks with JG Airsoft replacement parts. There was cutting and filing but the result is pleasing to the eye and solid. I rounded off all the SHARP corners and the result looks a lot more like metal. Performed every mod I could find on Youtube including polishing the sear (which greatly smoothed the trigger pull) and painted certain parts of the case in 1960's colors. I think I Mossberg 715T - M16.jpg have the worlds only Mossberg M16A.

Last edited:
My 715t carry handle with a 1xred dot, laser/light. I cut the carry handle and added a 10" aluminum weaver rail with three sling mounts drilled and tapped and modified the plastic so the mounts would hold. The shell fees more sturdy now to and seems to hold zero better.

Thanks. It isn't directly in the way but it does need to be cut off. Just haven't figured the best way to do that.

The polystyrene shell is very sturdy and fits together with extremely tight tolerances. The loss of the top screw shouldn't effect it much. If you want to put the original screw into the stub that is left though you should flush-fill the back side cavity with epoxy. Then you will be able to countersink the hole for the original screw. You might upload some closeups for everyone to see. It is nice to see more than just a color change from a spray can on this forum. Cutting into an irreplaceable gun shell takes some nerve. heh heh. Good luck.

JB Weld is great for filling holes. Assemble the two sides with a piece of wax paper between them. Reassemble and fill the holes with Quick setting JB Weld and when hardened sand flat. Take the shells apart and remove the wax separator. Done deal. Be sure to take before and after pics. Good photographs, by the way.

Back