• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show Us your Bike

The 501 and 570 are a great platform, I'm the custodian for the one in the pic below, it's been in my garage for about three years now. They are INCREDIBLE bikes, IF you live where I do. But as you mention, even with the 6 speed gearbox, they were never meant to be long distance touring or ADV bikes. But it's still fun when my buddy texts and says go rip some wheelies on the 570, to charge the battery of course. :D He has two of them, this one is a converted FE, and he has a full HMC racing built FS 570 with no expense spared that is ridiculous. I've done plenty of 300 mile days on my DRZ, but there are no highway miles in that, again, just not a long distance bike in design, we see eye to eye on that one my friend.

GUHiDoQ.jpg

The new Huskies are just Bergs with a linkage rear end. The Husaberg name is dead from my understanding.

Did someone say SuperDuke?

Now there is a bike I'd like to play with someday.

Never wanted a husaberg, but I sure remember wanting a Jawa back in the 60's.

I remember reading some book as a kid and drooling over one of these so bad I could hardly stand it.

642c59c0e3789b10f2cf16ddcd0d0927.jpg

What is that ? My first bike was a Yamaha yz80, my obsession with dirt went downhill from there.
Had a xl250 and a Honda super sport 400 when I was In High school. Had a gpz 550 that I loved and rode all over the sun back in the day. I have ever wrecked on the pavement, but have broken at least 10 bones in the dirt. Cracked my sternum, broke ribs and a wrist all in one shot in the San Felipe 250 back in 99, did that spectacular head over teakettle on a Honda xr650r. The king of Baja bikes up until as of about 2006. KTM has a strong presence in Baja now, but Honda still wins most races due to support and factory sponsorship talent.
In my life, I have easily had over 25 bikes. i will say that all these new super bikes just don't do anything for me. I was eyeballing a BMW k1200 the other day In a parking lot, and all I could think was, I want to ride that thing.
Anyway, as I said before, a Husqvarna fe501 or the 701 enduro are more then likely in my future.
Cheers.

It's a Hodaka Super Rat, since we were discussing brands that were long gone. I started out on a Honda Z50 at 6 years old in 1981, been riding on and off (mostly on) ever since then. I wanted a YZ80 pretty bad too, but ended up with an RM80, liquid cooled, mono shock, six speed, manual clutch, man I thought I was hot shit when I got that one. :D

I don't recall the Super Rat. Just the Wombat and the Combat Wombat.

I graduated from a Honda "monkey-bike" to the Lamberettas, to a Yam 180 street bike, to a KZ900.

THAT was a switch!

I've also owned CB450T and XL350 Hondas.

I've had the Nad since '03 now.

BTW Baggins is apart again. I'm swapping the driveshaft due to a vibration.

I'd have had it together yesterday but I can't find my spare driveshaft!

Attachments

• 20160229_080152.jpg
    20160229_080152.jpg
    659.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
My Dad had a KZ900 with a set of Kerkers on it when I was about 7 or 8. Drove him crazy he couldn't crank the thing without me pestering him to take me with him. I'd sit in front of him and hold onto the crossbar, always hated riding in back as I couldn't see anything, I wanted the full effect. I think it also came from the first motorcycle I ever rode, I was 2 or 3 and my cousin rode me across a field at their house, I was so small that was the only way he could ride me around and keep me safe and I guess it just stuck. No wonder I've been a two wheeled junkie ever since. Put your kids on a motorcycle at an early age and they'll never the money for a drug habit. :D

Good luck on the repair Caddmann. Reminds me I gotta check my valves and bleed my brakes soon.

I found two spare u-joints and no spare driveshaft. Once you get old you should never move anything. That dang thing was in the bottom of my tool box for 8 years, and I took it out to use as a fixture for the the preload adjustment. Didn't need adjusting...

So Whiskytangofoxtrot did It go?

Ponch she's a real cutie.

You had a FTF on the second photo though.

The cops around here all have BMWs like that now, but I remember when they had HDs and I had a KZ900.
Now the shoe is on the other foot. :rolleyes:

^^Nice ride Ponch, but where's John? :D

The THP rolls on bimmers too, so every time I'm at the gap (Deals Gap, a.k.a. Tail of the Dragon, or the Dragon for short) and see one, my spidey senses go off. Speaking of the Dragon, found another old shot of me there.

t3Y9SJv.jpg

Ponch she's a real cutie.

You had a FTF on the second photo though.

The cops around here all have BMWs like that now, but I remember when they had HDs and I had a KZ900.
Now the shoe is on the other foot. :rolleyes:

FTF?

California went C14, then HD and now I hear CHP is going back to the RTP. The new water cooled boxer works real well. It's a great bike and ages mine.

^^Nice ride Ponch, but where's John? :D

The THP rolls on bimmers too, so every time I'm at the gap (Deals Gap, a.k.a. Tail of the Dragon, or the Dragon for short) and see one, my spidey senses go off. Speaking of the Dragon, found another old shot of me there.

t3Y9SJv.jpg

BMW is supposed to have the most authority bikes on the road world wide. The dutch highway patrol have K1600s. That must be a hoot.

Never been on the dragon. We have a few roads out here like that. 191 comes to mind. It used to be route 666. Most of my riding now is commuting and once in awhile I get to do a trip or I do a group ride.

Back