• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show Us your Bike

I added some tubes in the muffler, welded to the new baffles, to essentially lengthen the exhaust path, and reduce backfire through the pipes.

I also installed some new iridium plugs, and cut back on the fuel mix a little. The plugs were closer to brown than tan.

Unfortunately it rained all day so no road test.

my ride until someone buys it. Gave up riding in November. One two many close calls made me give up the seat. Riding Harleys since 1974, I think it's time to walk away while I can.
f1b462a1-ee4a-4c99-af81-8af840d31972_zpshcrmjeby.jpg

Nice bike, and hard to keep clean.
I keep polishing mine so it'll keep raining.
El Ninno is back in action here, so no riding today.

My cleaning was a labor of love. Now it just hurts watching it just sit there under the cover with charger on battery knowing I will never ride it again.

You're not just selling a bike. You're selling your labor. Thats harder to do.

Somebody else will love it, so if it's about the machine itself even a bit, (as opposed to the $$$ and labor involved) you won't have lost everything.

This is my 6th Harley over the years, and the one with the most feelings. There is so much I added to this bike and kept it clean like the showroom does. I do hope it goes to a good owner. I had the 74 Electra-Glide, 96 Sportster, 96 Softail Nostalgia, 2013 Road King, 2014 TriGlide Ultra and the Super Glide Custom which is still here for now. Loved them all. Not so much love for the trike, but the rest... OH YEAH!

I have ridden exactly 4 Harley Davidsons in my life: In the 70s, an old 1960s iron Sportster with struts on the back, an old Electraglide 74" which was pretty tired, a 45" meter maids trike that has been stripped and hopped up with Mickey Thompsons on the back,
and in 2003, a late 90's model Road King.

Those experiences never convinced me to buy an HD. Even though I have dreamed of owning one since I was a child of 10 or 12.

On the other hand I've never been tempted to buy a Suzuki either and they made some of the greatest bikes ever manufactured.

I've been waiting for Harley-davidson to come out with a water-cooled hundred incher, But they need to do it right.

If they leak water the first month like most of the Nomads did (the new Japanese water hoses all shrank up a little bit after manufacture) they are going to be particularly unpopular.

I started with a Honda 360 in '73 and jumped to the Electra Glide in '74. At some point I think in the late 80's I bought a Kawasaki 750 LTD and rode that for a while. Can't say I had any less fun on that then the Harley and at more then two thirds cheaper too!

In 1976 I walked into Matthews Harly-Davidson in Fresno with a bunch of cash in my pocket, but I ended up riding out with a Kawasaki 900 sporting Denco headers and the world's most cheesy looking chrome sissy bar. It only had two thousand miles on it and ran like a raped ape.

The owner traded it in on a Harley Davidson. When I asked Mrs. Matthews why, she said it was something about stability.

Well it was harder to launch than a Harley, and with stock suspension and tires the KZ900 had a mild head shake at around 100 miles an hour. If you had the modest balls needed to ride it to 105 it would run smooth to 135 mph. At that speed a pebble on the highway sent you airborne. A MUCH lighter motorcycle.

Of course nothing stayed stock on that bike. I was 20 years old with a job.

It was stripped, raked lowered extended stretched and de-goosed. The Denco TNT pipes got swept, plus a bit shorter and louder.

Electronic ignition and a low restriction air filter setup completed the task.

The head shake vanished to be replaced by another mild headshake when decelerating gently through 40 mph. This vanished with a passenger or some luggage. It vanished completely with an Avon front tire.

I should have ditched that Dung-lop on the first day.

Last edited:
At the age of 64, I find that things hurt and break more on me. I decided to give it up before someone else decided for me. Not fair to the wife if I get laid up in a chair or a bed for the rest of my days and her having to spend her time taking care of me. I am sorry to see it all go, but in my heart I feel it for the best.

Oh I get that. The getting older part is a bit PITA.
Plus some places are just to crazy to ride in. The Hollywood Freeway or the NY Thru-way? OMG NO!
Here it's not quite so bad, but at my age it's a lot of exercise to ride a big bike around, and I enjoy it, but there are times a smaller bike would be a lot more fun.
I guess what I'm saying is that rather than give it up I'll probably buy a second bike soon. :rolleyes:

But the day will come....:(

I had to take away my Moms car, then her gun, then her electric scooter chair, after she ran down a blind woman in the rest home.
She's pretty much in a wheelchair now. Didn't take a bike to put her there either. Just old age.

I wish someone would buy this bike so I don't have to keep eating my heart out every day I step into the garage.

The hot dog stand is more interesting than my ride. Mine is '06 Kaw Ninja 500. Flat stock. 27K miles. I don't particularly like the looks of my bike, but I think you should buy a ride as if your eyes were closed. If it feels and performs well for you, then get it. If it happens to be ugly, tuff.

P9160028.jpg

Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God -- Bokonon

Unless you have two, and they both turn out to be POS. Then it is about the bike. :D
(No more Italian bikes for me. They had their chance.)

Upgraded my rear hub on the Fuel today with two additional pawls and springs, doubles the POE or points of engagement. Really helps when ratcheting the cranks through rock gardens and such.

Kt1PzOV.jpg

I'll have to take some pics of my bike once I get it out and cleaned up.

06 Suzuki, 750 Katana
bored to 773cc
Jet kit from Holeshot performance
K&N filter
Custom exhaust. Found a NOS yosh header for the oil cooled GSXR 750 engines (same basic engine, still had to do some cutting/bending/welding to make it work). Custom midpipe. Yosh muffler for a later model GSXR 750.
Timing advancer.
GSXR750 cams
Rear fender eliminator with rear turn signals removed, replaced with LED strip lights.

She's fun. Really fun. Came stock with a 150 rear tire. I've moved up to a 170 and there's not much room for anything else in the swingarm. Gotta do a swingarm swap to fit a 180 rear.

I'm up in the air as it is right now. In the next year or two, I'm gonna be in the position to buy myself something nice. Can't decide between a GSXR1000, and a Z06 corvette ('08-'12 years).

Last edited:
^^NICE!

Got my new battery yesterday, and it warmed up nicely here so I broke the DRZ out of garage jail on my lunch break. Needs a bath badly, and the brakes bled, and the valves checked, and an oil change.

bPclEbT.jpg

Back