• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SightMark 8.5-25 50mm triple duty

Tye

.22LR
Hi all,

I just bought a SightMark 8.5-25 50mm triple duty scope hoping to stretch my MVP 'P' out to about 300 yards for target use. I know this is a budget scope but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the scope in general and for my intended purpose?

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,

Tye

Haven't used that particular scope, but I have a few SightMark optics that have proven to be great quality for the price. The biggest issues folks run into with budget optics for distance shooting are the scopes ability to hold zero and limited elevation adjustment. You shouldn't have any issues with it since you'll only need around 12" or so of elevation adjustment out to 300yd...

Thanks LE Sniper!

It sounds like it might be workable then.

I did read one review by an ex military sniper who said it held zero surprising well and was was just able to use it at a 1000 yrds. That sounded too good to be true so I thought I would try and get some supporting thoughts.

Cheers Sniper,

Tye

You're welcome Sir.

If it can hold zero, making 1000yd hits with that scope wouldn't be out of the question on a larger caliber rifle. Set it up on a good 15 or 20 MOA canted base and the rest is up to the shooter...

Thanks for the help Sniper.

I will take your advise on the scope base and give it a try.
Should be fun even if the scope isn't quite up to the task. :D

Cheers,

Tye

Back