• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sights question for you fine gentleman and ladies

NCMAV88

.270 WIN
Howdy y'all! This is my second post! Woohoo! Lol

The pictures attached are of the rear sight on my 24" smooth bore slugster barrel. It looks to me like something is missing. If in fact something is missing what is it and where can I get another one? Thanks in advance for your help!

amu2y5ut.jpg

7u7ysu5a.jpg

The first one on their page says it is for the Mav88. I am gonna look around and see if I can find a better price but they have it for 39.95 so I may just go with them.

I actually found just the aperture for 6 bucks on brownells! :cool:

Is it the complete aperture that slides left to right in the base or just the round part? You need the complete aperture mount. Also, what front site is on the gun? If it's just the stock bead, you'll need a matching front site to go with the williams rear site.

Last edited:
ejahe6yj.jpg

This is the front sight. I also have a question about this. I am guessing this was fiber optic at one point in time but it has long since lost it's glow. How would I go about changing this? There appears to be a screw hole in the front of it but i can't get anything to turn in there.

Probably pressed in the dovetail, or secured with a tiny allen head screw inside the hole you mentioned. It's not a fiber optic tho. FO's have a open cage around the plastic to gather light. Like this one:

56446shotgunfiresight.jpg

Your's looks like a factory sight, and I wouldn't mess with it. You could easily throw off your aim left or right.

Back