• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Slight alternative for HD gun?

trigger_happy

Copper BB
Hello everyone, as a complete novice to shotguns I need advice please about an HD gun.

Mainly, would the 20” Mossy 500 Grand Slam Turkey Series #52263 be acceptable for HD use? Its length is listed as 36 ½ inches which makes it shorter than some of the other 500 series HD guns and the camo finish sort of intrigues me over the usual black finish!

I wouldn’t be looking to add a ton of accessories on this either.

Thank you, I look forward to your ideas

Attachments

• 52263LR.jpg
    52263LR.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 399
Nothin wrong with that, my Persuader is a 20" bbl. I do like the camo, and with the accu choke set it can easily pull double duty. For HD you could leave an IC choke on it, then swap it when you go hunting!

That setup could work great for a HD gun. My ideal HD shotgun is a mossberg 590A1 with the 20" barrel and 8+1. We the accu choke set you could also add a breacher to your mossberg if you wanted to which would be nice to have that option.

If it`s comforatble and goes bang when you pull the trigger, go for it. You might want to put a white bead on it for HD use. Color of gun has no bearing on HD use, but the camo finish might be a little more durable than bluing.

Back