• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Slimline side saddle?

Biggest advantage of Velcro for me is that I usually carry my shotuns in a scabbard. They don't fit with a fixed side-saddle, but slide right in with the card removed...

I've had the Velcro for over 2 years and it's held up just fine so far. Even through well over 2k rounds and it's kept fully loaded at all times.

If it wears out I'll get another one which is much cheaper to replace. Plus it doesn't interfere with any of the internal components which have caused cycling issues with semi-auto firearms using side saddles which require installation.

For SHTF scenario.... I'm not worried at all about it wearing out. Realistically if I'm effective with my firearm I will be obtaining new firearms as the days, months, years go on quite easily. If I'm not effective I'm pretty sure I wont be worrying about anything anymore since I'm worm bait.
So how many shingles do you rotate during a shooting session, do you go through them from your rig or do you just loads the same one over and over ?
In a SHTF , you likely wont just be running to Home Depot for vecro replacement and as far as obtaining new guns, you better have a magagzine fed rifle and a bunch of friends with magazine fed rifles who are willing to fight or a group that does will be hanging a nice shotgun on their mantle......

Question for you guys. Have any of you experienced a loss of shells from your side saddle while firing?

I'm watching a video about shotgunning and observed the shooter lose shells out of his side saddle from the recoil.

If you've experienced this, what side saddles did you run and did you do anything to fix it?

I had that problem back in the day when running the plain plastic tacstar holder...this was a while back. Since I started selling Mesa Tactical I use them and never had a problem. They run a a rubber tube through the back that keeps the shells nice and tight...yet not to tight making hard to pull out. No problems with the Mesa holders.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So here's an update. I sent in my side saddle today. The delay was on me. I was moving and needed an address and access to the side saddle. It shipped today. The count is on.

Back