• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling Attachments

chasnasty

Copper BB
Hello

I recently purchased a new Mossberg 930 Field at a local Dick's sporting goods after reading a bunch of reviews online and talking to some people I trust about shotguns.

When I got the gun home I was reading some other reviews and I noticed that my gun doesn't have the attachments on the Stock and receiver that would accommodate a sling.

Anyone else have this issue? What are my options now for adding a sling?

If anyone is interested this is the article I'm referencing.

http://randywakeman.com/Review_Mossberg ... loader.htm

Thanks All

Charlie H.

Are you sure there isn't a sling attachment in the packaging? They should have them but if not there are a lot of aftermarket options. I personally use the GG&G mounts.

Sent from my iPhone

On positive its not in the package. Also not only is it not there on the stock but there's not even a hole drilled where I could
Screw in an attachment.

Interesting, I have a 930 Waterfowl (polymer stock) and it came with a stud in the stock and one in the magazine cap.

swivel stud for wood.

Attachments

• swivel stud 2.jpg
    swivel stud 2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 84
So how hard are these to install in the walnut stock on the 930?

Is it a job better left to a gunsmith?

Thanks again everyone

chasnasty said:

Thanks again everyone

All you need is a drill and small drill bit.

chasnasty said:

Thanks again everyone

Getting it centered on the stock is the hardest part. Once you get it marked and a pilot hole drilled I prefer to counter sink it a bit or use a drill a hair larger then the threads enlarge the very top of the hole to prevent the wood from splitting/chipping when you screw it in.

I find it easier to do this on a drill press where you can throw together some type of jig to keep it centered and make sure the angles are correct.

Back