• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Slinging a Plinkster 702

ram0310

Copper BB
Looking for easy affordable durable way to sling my plinkster 702. Any help would be much appreciated. Right know I have my 1" sling secured around thin end of shoulder stock the other end secured around barrel and hand guard but im afraid this could affect accuracy and the sling can slip off barrel and hand guard. thanks rich

hello Rich.welcome from NY.
your going to need sling studs and swivels. i don't believe the 702 comes drilled for the studs, so you will have to drill holes for them.
here's another thread about drilling them.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2977

they do make slip on slings,,,but that's bout what you have now.

hope this helps you. :)

There is plenty of stock material for the rear using wood-type screws. The front is a bit thin. I successfully used wood type screws and filled the stock cavity where the screw penetrated with epoxy. JB Weld etc. would yield similar results - on my phone or I'd post a pic. Some are in similar threads. Send a PM if you want a good look!

I used the uncle mikes swivel studs. I put the long one in the back, the front i used the short one.

I countersunk with a 3/8" bit so the plastic washer would counter sink into the plastic some. The front i countersunk but the tip of the bit busted threw the foregrip. I cut a small section of wood and put it into the little section where the swivel was mounted. Its more screwed into the wood then the fore grip. I may JB weld it in for now it seems pretty solid.

I like the way it looks.

702plinksterslingmount_zpsb7efb981.jpg

8613783336_da95aa7b7f_z.jpg

...similar approach - stayed with black hardware. The molle bag holds 4 mags and while it may look clumsy it sits right where you want it if walking with the gun.

8696449728_5f4125c671_z.jpg

My intent was to use a bipod thats what i eventually wanted it to look like. In my eyes it looks cool with the black stock, a flash hider and the bipod looks kinda like a sniper rifle or something. The 4X scope is just the right size to fit this gun.

Plinksterbipod0_zps89cbb855.jpg

I just got lucky with my placement that the bipod fit nice. I didnt really plan it i just looked at the position of the sling mount on other rifles and chose this spot.

Plinksterbipodlocation1_zps647bfbde.jpg

Plinksterbipodlocation2_zps3f23bd7c.jpg

It also worked out where the space was inside the stock. I used a section i cut off a 2X4 and drilled it for the sling stud to screw into. I could epoxy it or JB weld it in but it seems fine for now im not hard on my guns so it should hold up.

Plinksterbipodlocation3_zps74d4a2c9.jpg

Back