• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Slugs at 230 yards, smooth bore.

This guy, hickok45, is a dead eye and gets some real nice results with 1oz Winchester slug from a smooth bore Benelli Semi Auto.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTyCcip-ks&feature=feedu[/youtube]

That is some impressive shooting. I never would have thought that he could have put that many slugs on target at 230 yards.

Ultimate CC said:
That is some impressive shooting. I never would have thought that he could have put that many slugs on target at 230 yards.

Same here and they still ripped through the barrel!!! Plenty of power even out at 230 yards..

He also shoots a Glock 23 and a Glock 27 from that same distance and does pretty well. His YouTube channel is definitely worth subscribing to.

cbshooter said:
Does anyone think a Mossberg could do the same?

We have a couple guys here who make 200 yard shots, a little more practice and push it out a little further.

Is it practical to make 200 yard shots with a smooth bore gun? I have to wonder... but you can sure as heck say you did it! ;)

just after the 2:09 mark on the vid, it looks as if there is a white spot on the board, briefly. is that the slug bouncing off?

also...the first shot hits. we see the hole. then the second shot looks like it hits exactly in the same spot. the hole gets bigger.... great shooting i say!

Back