• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

Here's my first 1911, a SW1911 .45 ...

Here it is paired up with the m1911 knife and matching grips...

here is my glock clone.....never a glock fan till I got this Smith

IMG_0049-1.jpg

SHOOTER13's S&W Pistols...

Bought these two S&W pistols back in the mid-80's, just when the 2nd generations came out. The M645 represents S&W's first foray into the .45 auto market...and was on a TV series, carried by Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) on the 3rd and 4th seasons of Miami Vice. The M659 was carried by Larry Zito (John Diehl) on the same series.

S&W M645... .45ACP... Stainless Steel... Pachmayr grips

SWM645small-1.jpg

S&W M659... 9mm... Stainless Steel... Zebrawood grips

SWM659small-1.jpg

I think I've proven that I can't take a pic in the 590 threads, so I'll just put up a stock photo of mine :lol:

M&P 9 Have about 200 rounds through it so far. Very comfortable and controllable. Comes with 3 "backstraps" and I use the biggest, not because I have big mitts, but because it forces the web of my hand up into the exagerated tang. This thing recoils straight back with almost no muzzle rise with a good two hand grip
209001_01_lg.jpg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice M&P blue...

Mine looks just like that one ;)

The thing that finally swung me to the M&P is that it's a rock solid gun, and you could get it in a couple of flavors. They all come with the classic "glock safe action" style internal safeties, but if you want you can get one with a 1911 style thumb safety, and/or with a magazine disconnect to block firing with the magazine removed.

Being a grown-assed man I skipped the thumb safety and the magazine disconnect :lol: I know, I know, the magazine disconnect can come in handy in a struggle over the gun... IF you can remember to dump the mag in all the excitement! I just don't like the idea of secondary, or tertiary safeties on a "battle" gun, like the grip safety on the XDs or the thumb safety option on this one.

WOW...that's bright !!

How's the recoil?...must be tame with that size gun.

All of my .380's ( PPK/s, Colt M1908 ) are small and steel...a pleasure to shoot.

I absolutely love my pk380. It shoots like a dream. I have had other .380s before and this one is the best I've owned. And it feels the best in my hand vs. All other handguns I've owned. And yes, the recoil is very tame!

Back