• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

nitesite said:
You are most welcome. Glad to help.

Shooter13,

Isn't a 4-inch N-Frame one of the greatest revolvers ever built? And in a great caliber, your is. Awesome!

Now that 3-inch Model 13, that's a really neat gun. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for 3-inch bull barrel round butt K-Frames. Talk about perfect balance in your hand!

Side story: I once owned a Model 10-8 3" HBRB that was pinned. A major gun collector who specialized in S&Ws tracked it down to me all the way from Washington State. He offered me a lot more money for it than I believed it was worth and it's now his. He has a particular fondness for S&W revolvers and especially the M&P and Model 10 and all its many different offerings.

Here's a pic he sent me of my revolver safely at home with it's brothers and sisters, every one of them distinctly different from the next. Mine is fourth row down second from left.

This is just his Model 10 collection. I'm not kidding!

SmithNutModel10s.jpg

It's so beautiful!

Anyone elso hear angels singing right now?

Thanks nitesite...

Yea, I love the balance on the 4" N frame...and it packs nice in it's dedicated S&W leather holster.

And that's awesome story on that Model 10 M&P...not to mention that rack of Smiffs is just incredible !!

M&P 40 polymer frame damage

The other day I was putting some of my guns back in my safe. I wasn't paying attention and knocked my M&P 40 of the shelf and it hit the steel receiver of my FAL and the edge of the safe. I was lucky that only the frame came into contact with the steel of my other rfiles otherwise more stuff would have been damaged. On the way down the pistol got a nice size gouge out of the picatinny rail from hitting my FAL (all other guns were fine or maybe a scuff mark here or there; nothing bad). I am anal about my guns and understand they are tools but since I am not fighting for my life I like to keep my guns clean and in good condition. Here is the gouge.

IMG_20120823_214522.jpg

I patched it and wanted to get all your opinions on the patch job. I mixed stom JB weld (for steel) mixed in graphite powder to get the color to match and applied black engine enamel to resist high temp and chemicals. I filled it, filed it, and sanded it to fit. Here is it after the patch.

IMG_20120825_213621.jpg

The only way you can notice the patch is if you no what you are looking for and have the light angled at the right angle to catch the smoother surface of the patch vs the textured finish of the polymer frame.

What do you all think? It seems tough after it cured and I don't think it will come undone since it is on a none load bearing surface.

Re: M&P 40 polymer frame damage

Thanks! the color isn' perfect but it is close enough where if you did happen to notice it, you wouldn't think much about it.

Re: M&P 40 polymer frame damage

Nice job.

Thank you both very much,24 pellets at that distance will do what needs to be done in a defensive situation inside or outside the home.

Some of the folks around my way that have seen the little pocket shotgun have expressed wanting to pick one up for themselves.

Sweet KW!

You get a new barrel for the M&P22 or does it use a thread-on adapter like the Walther?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sweet KW!

You get a new barrel for the M&P22 or does it use a thread-on adapter like the Walther?

It's a gemtech adaptor, they come threaded for an adaptor like the Walter. I am still waiting for my form 1 to be approved for my suppressor I am going to make at work :twisted:

Very nice!

I've got one of the gemtechs on my P22 for use with my YHM 22 Mite. Can't beat makin your own can. $200 tax stamp plus cost of materials sure beats the hell outta droppin the cash for the can on top of it. I'm lookin forward to seeing the finished product...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice!

I've got one of the gemtechs on my P22 for use with my YHM 22 Mite. Can't beat makin your own can. $200 tax stamp plus cost of materials sure beats the hell outta droppin the cash for the can on top of it. I'm lookin forward to seeing the finished product...

Don't worry I will post pics should be any day now for the stamp. Iam going with a mono core design. I found some material in the scrap bin at work the other day, Things are looking good! :mrgreen: btw how do you like your mite?

Back