1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Smith & Wesson

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Apr 24, 2011.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

It's so beautiful!

Anyone elso hear angels singing right now?
  2. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks nitesite...

Yea, I love the balance on the 4" N frame...and it packs nice in it's dedicated S&W leather holster.

And that's awesome story on that Model 10 M&P...not to mention that rack of Smiffs is just incredible !!
  4. GR00VY

GR00VY .410

M&P 40 polymer frame damage

The other day I was putting some of my guns back in my safe. I wasn't paying attention and knocked my M&P 40 of the shelf and it hit the steel receiver of my FAL and the edge of the safe. I was lucky that only the frame came into contact with the steel of my other rfiles otherwise more stuff would have been damaged. On the way down the pistol got a nice size gouge out of the picatinny rail from hitting my FAL (all other guns were fine or maybe a scuff mark here or there; nothing bad). I am anal about my guns and understand they are tools but since I am not fighting for my life I like to keep my guns clean and in good condition. Here is the gouge.

[​IMG]

I patched it and wanted to get all your opinions on the patch job. I mixed stom JB weld (for steel) mixed in graphite powder to get the color to match and applied black engine enamel to resist high temp and chemicals. I filled it, filed it, and sanded it to fit. Here is it after the patch.

[​IMG]

The only way you can notice the patch is if you no what you are looking for and have the light angled at the right angle to catch the smoother surface of the patch vs the textured finish of the polymer frame.

What do you all think? It seems tough after it cured and I don't think it will come undone since it is on a none load bearing surface.
  5. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Re: M&P 40 polymer frame damage

Better Job than I could do! Especially with blending the color! +1
  6. GR00VY

GR00VY .410

Thanks! the color isn' perfect but it is close enough where if you did happen to notice it, you wouldn't think much about it.
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Nice work GROOVY!
  8. JoeRotella

JoeRotella .270 WIN

Nice repair job
  9. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Nice job.
  10. Pfletch8335

Pfletch8335 .22LR

Smith&Wesson Governor

[​IMG]

7 yards, 6 rounds of Federal 2-1/2 inch '000' Buckshot.
  11. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Re: Smith&Wesson Governor

Wow! Not a bad pattern at all!
  12. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Good lookin Smithie Sir!

...and pattern too...
  13. Pfletch8335

Pfletch8335 .22LR

Thank you both very much,24 pellets at that distance will do what needs to be done in a defensive situation inside or outside the home.

Some of the folks around my way that have seen the little pocket shotgun have expressed wanting to pick one up for themselves.
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Not bad...how much ?!
  15. Pfletch8335

Pfletch8335 .22LR

I paid M.S.R.P. so $679.00

Worth every penny.
  16. KentuckyWindage

KentuckyWindage 20g

17. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Sweet KW!

You get a new barrel for the M&P22 or does it use a thread-on adapter like the Walther?
  18. KentuckyWindage

KentuckyWindage 20g

It's a gemtech adaptor, they come threaded for an adaptor like the Walter. I am still waiting for my form 1 to be approved for my suppressor I am going to make at work :twisted:
  19. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Very nice!

I've got one of the gemtechs on my P22 for use with my YHM 22 Mite. Can't beat makin your own can. $200 tax stamp plus cost of materials sure beats the hell outta droppin the cash for the can on top of it. I'm lookin forward to seeing the finished product...
  20. KentuckyWindage

KentuckyWindage 20g

Don't worry I will post pics should be any day now for the stamp. Iam going with a mono core design. I found some material in the scrap bin at work the other day, Things are looking good! :mrgreen: btw how do you like your mite?