• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

Holy crap man, that's freakin sweet!

What a beautiful gun. I'm not an S&W aficionado, but I'm guessing it's a model 32-SA. Always had a soft spot for top breaks too. Thanks for sharing it with us Sir...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
mope540 said:
Recent gun show find...4" 625-3. Came with box, tools, and original Pachmayer rubber grips. Now wearing Combats.

WOW that's purdy!

Congrats on the find...

thanks, LES!!
old mossy said:
not sure L.E.S.,,,its .32 cal,,and was cut down at one time.
i believe its 1877 or 1878.

Cool!!! early custom snubby???? Does your wife shoot it much?

With the latest pocket pistol craze people forget they have been around for a long time....cool piece

wondering if there is any way of getting a birth day of a smith and wesson , like mossberg???

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
nitesite has tracked down a couple S&W dates for folks, but I don't know what resource he uses...

SWCA members can post a shipping date request on the S&W forum. a model # and a serial # are needed

got my father-in-laws old .38 chief snub nose. any way i should field strip for a good cleaning?
its got to be from the 1950's. i don't think it's ever been shot.
thank you in advance.

I was shooting my Model 042 .38 the other day. I got 2 cylinders sent downrange and the cylinder release quit working. The revolver fired the rounds just fine, but the cylinder would not release. I took the sideplate and grips off and found nothing amiss from that side, so I took the cylinder latch off and by pushing VERY hard on the latch stud, was able to open the cylinder. I have put several cylinders through it since without a hitch. Any ideas as to the cause of the malfunction?

old mossy said:
got my father-in-laws old .38 chief snub nose. any way i should field strip for a good cleaning?
thank you in advance.

If the revolver has not been fired, or shot very little, it could bring a pretty penny if you were to ever sell it. I have seen vintage Model 36's going for over $500 locally over the past several months. I would hesitate to tell you to take the side plate off of it because without a very good set of gunsmith's screwdrivers, you could easily ruin the screws and also hurt the value.
A soft bore brush (not steel), followed by running a patch through the barrel and cylinder until clean and a good, all over wipedown is what I would recommend until you determine the value.
If you plan to use the revolver for it's intended purpose, take the sideplate and grips off and blow out the loose stuff with some canned air followed by some aerosol solvent and q-tips. Once it is clean, use a quality gun oil on the moving parts and put it back into service.
Either way you go, congrats on a fine revolver! :)

tcecil88 said:
old mossy said:
thank you in advance.

If the revolver has not been fired, or shot very little, it could bring a pretty penny if you were to ever sell it. I have seen vintage Model 36's going for over $500 locally over the past several months. I would hesitate to tell you to take the side plate off of it because without a very good set of gunsmith's screwdrivers, you could easily ruin the screws and also hurt the value.
A soft bore brush (not steel), followed by running a patch through the barrel and cylinder until clean and a good, all over wipedown is what I would recommend until you determine the value.
If you plan to use the revolver for it's intended purpose, take the sideplate and grips off and blow out the loose stuff with some canned air followed by some aerosol solvent and q-tips. Once it is clean, use a quality gun oil on the moving parts and put it back into service.
Either way you go, congrats on a fine revolver! :)

thank you very much for the info.

Sw 40c

It's not a mp ,it older I think ,from 20ft it hits the target way to the left and high ,how can I fix this when the sights are fixed

Re: Sw 40c

Does it do the same thing when someone else shoots it?

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Re: Sw 40c

If the sights are fixed and you eliminated human error you may need to consult a gunsmith and have them work on the sights for you

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Back