1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Smoking deal on a Savage Mk2

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by John A., Dec 28, 2018.

1. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I know how good the Savage Mk2's are, and when I saw this on sale for this price, I was a little surprised, but wanted to pass it along to you guys if you've been looking for a good rimfire.

• $123.49
      Non-Member $129.99

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...olt-action-22lr-21-barrel-51-rounds?a=2195622

Savage has made some logo changes and even said they were considering ceasing production not that long ago, so may be better to jump while you can.
    Bobster likes this.
  2. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

That rifle is far less expensive than a Ruger American Rimfire rifle.
    Djcala likes this.
  3. John A.

I admit that I'm a big fan of savage guns. They tend to be pretty accurate straight out of the box.

Only thing I don't like about it is the neutered 10 round magazines. There is no reason for any gun not to have a magazine so large that you have to hire someone to help you carry it around. Sorry for the blatant honesty.
  4. John A.

Djcala likes this.
  5. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

6. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

7. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I was looking at that exact Savage model about 5 years ago. I think it was closer to $200+ at the time. I recall it having a 10-rounder though... So add $40 for two 10-round mags... :rolleyes: ;)
  8. John A.

I have two mk2's.

One being an older Lakefield, which was made before Savage Arms bought the company. The other, an FVSR, which has a fluted and threaded barrel, larger bolt handle, and scope mount.

I paid about $250 for it altogether with transfer IIRC. They both have been really good, and accurate guns.