• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sniper 101

Thanks for the share! I just started watching the International Sniper Competitions on Netflix.
Neat tid-bit the Pittsburgh, PA City SWAT was the first NON-Military group to qualify and actually participate in the competition. I haven't seen where they place though haha

I will be using this information (the videos) in the future :D

I forgot to mention that the entire series ( 38 video's) is downloadable in 3 different formats if you've got a lot of empty drive space. Several gig. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see the list. Further down the page are some gifs and thumbs from the videos.

I've got Maj. John Plaster's book Ultimate Sniper. Lots of good info there. I reference back to it often. Lookin forward to watching some of the vid's though.

GunnyGene said:
I forgot to mention that the entire series ( 38 video's) is downloadable in 3 different formats if you've got a lot of empty drive space. Several gig. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see the list. Further down the page are some gifs and thumbs from the videos.

Is 1,372.35 GB of space enough?? :D I have a Western Digital External 1.5 TB and I can't seem to fill it up haha

Itsricmo said:
GunnyGene said:

Is 1,372.35 GB of space enough?? :D I have a Western Digital External 1.5 TB and I can't seem to fill it up haha

Should be plenty. Files add up to 3,097.7MB for Flash. :lol:

Been watching these video's the past few days when I have time. #7 ( Rifle Vibrations _ Harmonics EXPLAINED) was very interesting, and should be of interest to reloaders also, since he talks about how your load can change the harmonics either for the better or worse. Also gives some other tips about tuning that would be useful and how you can turn that plain old deer rifle into a tack driver without spending big bucks on a bull barrel.

GunnyGene said:
Itsricmo said:
GunnyGene said:

Should be plenty. Files add up to 3,097.7MB for Flash. :lol:

I haven't gotten around to downloading them yet... I am still finishing up the International Sniper Competitions hosted by the US Army. Good show on netflix.. doesn't really explain much that I didn't know but it is nice to know the Pittsburgh SWAT placed better than expected! :D

Just thought I'd update this with a link to additional videos by Rex on Youtube, that get into more detail and additional info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwG-D0Hj ... vDCIcEPxUn

Important Download Note: Many videos on YouTube, including some of Rex' are in the .dash format and will download in 2 separate files. If you use a downloader such Real Player, it will give a false indication that the file is complete.

The way to handle this is to monitor the download in Windows Explorer in the folder that you're downloading to. When it's really finished, it will automatically reformat to the standard MPEG-4 format. Don't try to open it and don't cancel the download until this is done.

It will look something like this in Win Explorer. The 2 DASH files are actually a single file, and when it's done there will only be a single MPEG-4 file.

dashfile.jpg

Back