• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So what about all these Anti-Muslim ban protests then...??

Trumpy is doing EXACTLY what he promised to do on the campaign trail and for that I applaud him. :) Although he could have approached this "ban" a little more tactfully and tactically, it is a done deal and adjustments are being made. But haters still gonna hate... :rolleyes:

People are throwing a fit over a ban that only affects those countries that the Obama administration itself identified as impossible to vet due to lack of government stability.

There was also no protest when Obama instituted a temporary ban from a subset of these countries or from the prolonged bombing in the middle east.

What these protesters are really butthurt over is Trump himself.

Obviously true Mike, but I wouldn't expect any of them to own up to it.

If Trump announced tomorrow that every moslem in America was going to get $10,000 and a new Chevy, people would still be rioting.

But Trump is going to be keeping them on their toes & they'll have plenty of issues to protest.

Trump is moving so fast that they have to rethink what they will cry about almost daily although the temporary ban is a big one for them. How much have we heard about the "Russian hack" in the last week and a half? Next week it will be something else. I think Trump could care less about the protests. He is smart enough to know they aren't his voters. In fact, I think he likes stirring up the leftists.

As for the temporary ban, if I was Trump I would tell the UN to start doing their job...I wouldn't lift the ban until Muslim countries start taking the majority of the refugees.

If he banned only those that were carriers of bubonic plague, the media would still be screaming. It doesn't matter what he does. The media is going to scream. That's just how they roll.

90% of what they are screaming about, other presidents have done in the past. 100% of what they're screaming about, is stuff that should've already been done anyway.

Media has been toxic for years.

Well I got a sneaky feeling that Donald Trump knows what he's doing here.

There have been protests and riots all over the country and people are spending money to make that happen.

The act of spending money is what makes our economy move and when our economy is moving people are happy because they have money coming.

Happy people spend more money and the effect spirals.

And by the way if any of you watched on the news that there was a demonstration in Berkeley or a protest in Berkeley what there was was a riot.

People ran screaming in the streets, they lit bonfires, they smashed windows and they damaged public and private property.

Because it was such a violent "protest", Berkely schools locked down their campuses.

When congress asked Mrs. Devoe (our new prospective Secretary of Education) about whether guns had a place in the public schools, I think she could have pointed to this and said, " If rioters are approaching your child's School, what would you want the people protecting them to be armed with?"

If I was a principal of a public school nowadays, believe me I would keep a shotgun.

But what if it's a riot like the one in Berkeley? How are you going to stop that danger?

You folks also realise that almost every one of those countries in question ban Jews from entry.
Are these Democrats protesting and calling them Nazis and xenophobes?

Oh no! Trump is the Nazi!

Per wikipedia there are 56 countries that are majority muslim(over 50% population). 7 of these countries have travel bans based on nationality. A Christian refugee cannot be granted a visa either. Visas can still be granted to anyone following the proper channels from any of the remaining 49 muslim majority countries. That means there are some 750,000,000 muslims that could legally immigrate to the U.S. if they wanted.

But it's a muslim ban....so I'm told.

Muslim Refugees can go to those other 59 countries, but they don't want to because they're mostly authoritarian hellholes and don't hand out welfare.

Ban them and send the rest of them in the US home too.

Tell them that their religious leaders are supporting the evil actions of their terrorist brothers, and this makes all Muslims untrustworthy around other human beings.

I firmly believe that we shouldn't have and shouldn't be spending so much money creating refugees in the first place. Innocents residing in the mid-east are literally more afraid of our drones than isis. That's why they want so badly to be in the U.S., the welfare is just a bonus once they're here.

One thing that I do find noteworthy is that "non radicals" within islam seem to have little to no desire to stop the radicals. Silence is acceptance. Acceptance is the first step to radicalization.

Which is why I say send them all home. None of them are rooting for the Christians to remain in power.

If they think they have the right to come here and turn America into a Muslim Nation I say they have the right to die trying. I sure as hell don't want to make it easy for them.

The Pope isn't rooting for Christians to remain in power.......casual observation.........

Islam is a cult much like Catholicism was during the dark ages.....

We're getting a bit off the rails here...Catholics haven't been going nutz.
But lots of Muslim countries do still have one foot firmly planted in the dark ages.

There has always been unrest and fighting in the middle east since the beginning of time.

That will continue to be unrest and fighting in the middle east until the end of time.

That is all.

We're getting a bit off the rails here...Catholics haven't been going nutz.
But lots of Muslim countries do still have one foot firmly planted in the dark ages.

Haha! 1 foot....I like your optimism ;)

A lot of today's intolerance in islam mirrors much of Catholicism during the dark ages although with a much higher severity of barbarism. Christians fixed that problem from within through the protestant reformation which also made the Vatican back off. Until the people within islam desire to address and fix the problem there's no sense helping them. They don't want to be helped.

Back