• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Something Going On ?

the next generation won’t even care as long as you don’t take away their smart phone.......they'll look at the banned weapons we all possess and shrug their shoulders and say "cool Gramps".....we'll have to burry you with those because no one else can shoot them but you......"why did you buy 5 of those Grandpa?"......"you cant sell them and you can only carry one or two and shoot one at a time"......."you must have been all scared Grandpa"

oli700 said:
the next generation won’t even care as long as you don’t take away their smart phone.......they'll look at the banned weapons we all possess and shrug their shoulders and say "cool Gramps".....we'll have to burry you with those because no one else can shoot them but you......"why did you buy 5 of those Grandpa?"......"you cant sell them and you can only carry one or two and shoot one at a time"......."you must have been all scared Grandpa"

Absolutely... I see it already! Keep in mind I am only 20 and still considered the "next generation" but I could do without my Iphone. I really didn't gain anything out of it other than -$150/month of income. :/

I got a good hands on tatse of "something going on?" today. I went to a 600 table gun show in York, PA. I got there at 8:15 for a 9:00 opening and was 150 yards from the door in weather cold and windy enough to make some snow flurries. By 9:00 the line was estimated at 3/8 of a mile. It did give me time to talk with others of like interest from as they put it "the Peoples Republic of Maryland" Although all semi's seem to be on the hit list, most at that end of the line were after AR's and mags for them. When I got in the guy taking the entrance fee said the first 20 or so literally ran inside to snag AR's. At 10:00 the line at the bulk ammo stand was only surpassed by the line to get into the show. Mil Spec 5.56 that I bought last winter at $310 for 1000 was now $450. I was glad that I have been building up for a long time and didn't feel the urge to overpay in this time of worry. For those after PMags, they were to be had early for $40/each.

Other than the lack of AR's, AK's and even Mini 14's and mags for them it was a pretty normal show. I didn't win the lottery yet so I had to settle for slobbering on the $20,000 M-16 with fun switch. Also, I found a guy selling 500's as 590A1's at $480 each. He tried telling me I didn't know what I was talking about when I pointed it out.
Edit - here's a pic I found on the local news.
gunshow1.jpg

HOLY SH*T! I'm glad I didn't know about that... would have been upset if I showed up too a 1/2 mile long line :p

also when I picked up powder and primers on my panic grab.....22lr seemed to have taken a big hit, its really the only factory ammo I look at buying anymore unless 9mm are on a good deal or some steel case 223 on good deal......nothing pisses me off more than 22 lr drying up. I only have a couple bricks of those around and they go way too fast because its Kim’s preferred round "I like the ping ping ping ping ping ping on the steel" she says and she can burn through a 25 round 10/22 mag in 2.3 seconds ping ping ping ping ping ping

you all seeing 22 lr locally ?

Absolutely not! 22LR went just as quick as .223, 7.62 or .308! Wally World is having a tough time hanging on too the Sig Sauer 522, 10/22 and Marlin mod 60s too reflect the sales of ammo. They have some Savage but they don't have "hi-cap" mags.

The only 22lr left is that nasty Remington crap :p

My local Academy was out of .22lr this afternoon.

I got the last 350rd can of Blazer 9mm they had and the only handgun ammo left on the shelves were a couple boxes of .22mag and a few sad looking spam cans of bulk surplus Russian .45acp...

spam cans always look sad......like the red headed step child of ammo cans, you know ?

oli700 said:
spam cans always look sad......like the red headed step child of ammo cans, you know ?

^^THIS!!!^^ :lol: :lol:

I would never... EVER.. use Spam Can ammo!
Personal preference haha

they work good incase your in question later when all you have to shoot is a curio Mosin

I wouldn't even want to do that! I respect my guns too much :p haha
That's like wiping your butt with a palm sander hahah

oli700 said:
they work good incase your in question later when all you have to shoot is a curio Mosin

Nice!

It'll finally be worth the time I spent cleaning the cosmoline off of those things!

Itsricmo said:
I wouldn't even want to do that! I respect my guns too much :p haha
That's like wiping your butt with a palm sander hahah
:lol: I guarantee that tune changes my friend

Itsricmo said:
I would never... EVER.. use Spam Can ammo!
Personal preference haha

I use plenty of old spam can eastern block surplus but only in my eastern block rifles, AK, Mosins, etc. The stuff shoots like it was made for them. Wait, nevermind...

All this gouging semi auto and ammo prices and greedy bastards selling Pmags for 100 bucks "don’t like my price, go somewhere else" and droves of sheep or might this be the zombies I am always discounting snatching up 100 dollar Pmags without a care or thought....this would be a small glimpse of what a possible SHTF situation might be like that everyone is always fantasizing about. Only imagine what it might be like when it comes to gas, food, water, shelter, domain, keeping your family safe…..spam can of ammo and some sand paper to wipe your ass might be a luxury that only the elite few might enjoy :)

haha I would use my cat before I used sand paper ;)
As for the prices and what not... everyone is out to help themselves! This world would truly be doomed because there are not enough people willing to help out each other to get too a greater cause

haha I would use my cat before I used sand paper
OMG I almost fell off the chair laughing!

.22 in 500 round packs are not around. Smaller packs can be had but I hate paying the extra for it when all I want to do is plink. That's one of the reasons I got the .22 rifles in the first place...cheap shooting.

wow man, I would have to choke someone lol
When I was freezing my butt off in line I wondered if they would have any problems with physical fights over a rifle or mags. Unlike the mall shoppers on black friday, I didn't see one issue.

Back