• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Something Going On ?

Hell yeah! After reading the comments recently from the owner of Troy Industries, I wondered which direction this was going to go. I was entirely disappointed with DSG (though I rarely bought anything from them) for making this rash decision.

For what its worth, my daughter wanted to go to the mall to do some shopping yesterday. While she was busy doing her thing, I went through the local DSG to see just what they had on the racks. Of course there were no tactical style firearms, but they still had all of the accessories for 'em. Ammo was still available (I even seen a few random boxes on a table, unmonitored, 3' from the exit). There were no signs stating their reasons or that they've even removed the rifles at all.

On the other hand, the local Cabela's is working hard to keep up stock levels. They ran out of everything tactical related before Christmas. The day after, they got in 32 more AR-15s and sold them all by afternoon. They got a 2nd shipment in that afternoon and had only one left at closing time. They now have a truckload (it seems) of 20 and 30 round magazines...and they have kept their standard list prices. They've even continued to honor their published sales prices.

Ooh one thing I can say is that the Dicks by me has some Steel AR mags on the rack left and some Troy and Tapco Pmags. Surprising that they aren't being bought up but I guess when you can't get an AR at Dicks why buy the mags, right? :p

I can say I will be buying some Buckshot and maybe Slugs tomorrow and that will potentially be my last purchase till they reverse their decisions and apologize for their mistake, publicly

Stopped in yesterday at the LGS that is the only stocking Kimber dealer in the area to see if the had any of the Ultra CDP II's in stock. Noticed down on one end of the counter they had an entire display case stacked front to back with brand new Pmags. $35 a pop.....limit 5 per family. Got to talking to the guy behind the counter and he made the remark that he was on the phone with his distributors as soon as he saw the breaking news about the Ct. shooting because "He knew people would panic and he'd make a killing on 30rd mags". He placed his order before they jacked up their prices and he's passing on the gouging to his customers now.

So now I'll be looking for somewhere else to drop a grand and a half on a new CCW gun since I have no desire to do business with that bottom feeder.

Well to be honest the $35 isn't the worst I have seen. Gander through their prices up at $40 when they got wiped out and received a second shipment... than it dropped again. It is a cycle and will go through its phase and drop out soon enough. The "Fiscal Cliff" has already exploded the news frenzy lol

But apparently the Gun Stores or Gun Sellers are still scared and taking ammo and guns off the shelf.

Wow!

The Mrs. and I went to Target today and I dropped into the Dick's Sporting Goods store next door just to see if they'd pulled all their firearms yet. A small selection of shotguns and bolt guns were still there, but the firearms and ALL firearm related merchandise was marked with clearance tags. Looks like they're flushing it all with plans to get rid of that section of the store all together. Ran across this article regarding an interesting situation between DSG and Troy Industries...

Troy issues statement in dispute with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Not that I shopped there much before, but I definitely won't be walking through their doors again...

Went to the Fort Worth gun show today. 1000 round for $1000 of poor quality 5.56. That's more than 5 times the price I paid last month and my wife was upset at how much I paid. 10 Magpul AR 30 round for $500 or 5 for $300. Most AR were $2800 or more. Got an offer for mine as outfitted for $4800. I might be a fool, I did not sell, then again I didn't buy either except for a raffle ticket for a gun to a church school, the parking fee and the entrance fee. Total cost to see my fellow Americans taking advantage of the situation was $18 and the cost of the fuel for my truck. I feel like I just got a cut in pay but what the hell, I have a gold mine in the gun cabinet and safe.

Wow.....$100 for a steel GI 30rd mag?!?!?!? CTD is definitely going in my no-go file with the amount of gouging they are doing. I hate to say it but I would love to see this set of actions completely bury this company into bankruptcy.

The thing that burns me the most about the companies upping the prices so much is this.......I understood high mag prices during the period of the 94 ban. No new units were being produced so you had a finite supply being passed between a growing number of users. As of right now it is still completely legal for companies to crank out magazines as fast as they can. There is essentially an infinite supply of 30 round Pmags at the moment. Sellers are simply using the threat of pending legislation to double the profit they are making off of each mag, because I would bet anything that the manufacturers haven't doubled their prices to the dealers.

If these were any other products the BBB and the Attorney General would already be looking into price-gouging suits.

These companies keep caving even before anything is set written into law. They are playing right into the hands of the antis. Proving once again that often we can be our own worst enemies. It's times like this when you can tell who your allies really are.

CTD should rename themselves Lower Than Dirt. Same with Dick's...I guess their name already describes them.

I can report that the Cabela's in Hamburg, PA is not gouging. Prices are about the same as before. At the same time they didn't have any real deals either. 22LR was available in 500 round boxes for about $21. They also had 6 of their dry bulk boxes of .22 left. They had 00 buck and slugs for $5 for 5 rounds. No deal but not inflated from the catalog price. The only .223 ammo I saw was match grade stuff. .308 was picked pretty good but they still had good choices of 30-06 and other calibers. Overall the ammo section was about 1/2 bare and they had a sign limiting purchase to 5 boxes. The gun counter was packed with abiout an hour wait even though I didn't see any AR's.

Gunshow here yesterday, where I sold all my questionable firearms and accessories.
2500 for AR’s, 1000 bucks for 800 223……what I can’t believe is the pistols aren’t taking a hit…….

Still though I sold my SP-01 for 1000 bucks and my mini 14 for 1800 along with a couple others that I was bound to hand over to our awesome leadership who we should all model our lives , finances and decision making ability after because they are so decisive and wise in their action…..Oh well I.m out, all my semi auto high cap crap is someone else’s problem now

I cannot adequately express to you, oli700, how immensely proud I am of you right now.

I am going to follow your lead and do something similar. Even if I don't make a profit.

We need to be responsible citizens.

Will you please keep one (or two) of your pics posted online of that CZ pistol so I can still look at it even though it is no longer owned by you?

Some poor schlub is going to be mighty pissed when he gets a knock on his door after he shelled out a grand for a gun that will be confiscated from him! You were smart to jump ship when you could.

Thanks.

Yes sir, all my pictures will stand as a reminder of what a free(er) country used to be like....I really didn’t even care about the profit, just wanted them gone. It turned out that I got a fair chunk of change. I really hope Jim likes them.....or was it joe? no it was Jesse. I kept the G29 seeing how 10 rounds should be safe, probably start loading down too soon so they aren’t so destructive, sold the G20 mags for it......took a loss on those.

My collection is getting considerably smaller too.

sold a bunch of mags locally, traded the 6.8 AR for a winchester shotgun and some shotgun and 22 ammo and some boot. Size 11 sixteen inch carolina pole climbing boots matter of fact.

The other AR is still for sale, but two offers so far. I don't really like the first offer because I'm not a huge fan of pit bulls, razor wire fencing or ADT either for that matter.

The AK and all the mags were snatched up within minutes. I filled up my pickup truck with gas and got a bunch of groceries too. He had some kind of special credit card he was using because he was upset that he had to pay cash for the paper plates and napkins. Not sure what that was about, but my pantry is full at any rate.

The SKS has 3 offers as well. I'm letting them bid it up and fight it out between themselves to get more out of it but so far is up to $125.

I also sold the ruger preban P85 magazines I had and bought 5 ten round mags, so works out really well because now I have more ammo with me than I did before and I'm totally stoked about that.

This is all disgusting! $1000 for 1000 rnds of Lake City?? What the hell?!!
$100 for a GI Mag? Jesus...

Dicks in my Area, Altoona, PA, doesn't have anything marked down. It may be just something that store manager is doing by himself.

I'm wondering how long it might take (if ever?!) for the ammo shelves to return to normal levels.

Surely, the ammunition manufacturers are cranking out their products as quickly as they can. Once individual customers are stocked up to the gills, my assumption is that demand should quickly taper off. You can't keep prices high, and continue to sell your wares, if you have a nearby competitor who is selling the same thing at a much lower price. I doubt very much that we are actually shooting a high percentage of this ammunition as quickly as we are buying it. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.

Well since Income Tax season is rolling around the corner, I doubt anytime soon. Hopefully everything gets normal by Mid March :) My Birthday is the 22nd and I would like to get a Pistol and Ammo... .45acp ammo is bought out before the store orders it

Back