• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Something Going On ?

With all the price gouging going on, I took an AR-15 off my short list. I don't think the libs can get a gun bill with any teeth through a republican controlled house, but stranger things have happened and I'm not willing to pay stupidly high prices for a gun, ammo, and mags. Replacing that AR on my short list is a .30-30 (not sure what make and model yet, but a lever action would be awesome) and a Ruger 22/45. Both have been largely ignored by the hordes and you can usually find ammo for both, although 22LR seems to be hard to find right now. I'm looking forward to at least picking up the 22/45 at a local gun show this weekend, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with the hordes ;).

Looks like a good plan to me.

The .22lr AR variants are selling faster than the .225/5.56 models and it's causing .22lr ammo to fly off the shelves just as fast. Good luck with the crowds and be sure to post pics of your 22/45 in our Ruger thread if you end up with one...

BryanForbes said:
...Both have been largely ignored by the hordes...

Like I said earlier, us non-sheeple should be looking at the "hard to find" bolt actions and levers or even pistols that in normal circumstances would be the item too keep an eye out for. The sights of the common man have shifted to the Assault Style Weapons and ones that would make it on the ban, leaving the other firearms sitting on the shelf for now.

Not saying that if you go out and buy an AR that you are sheep but you are falling right into the hands of the Corporate Business man looking to make an extra dime off this scare... it is a shame that American's cannot look out for other Americans anymore... There are small groups of individuals that are still willing to lend a helping and the Firearms Community is one that thankfully keeps growing.

LoL.....Reminds me of a good friend of mine. He's single with no kids so he has plenty of money for toys, few years ago he bought one of the Barrett M82 .50cal rifles......still hasn't fired the gun.....I'm not sure if he's ever even bought rounds for it. When be bought it all I could ask was "Why?" and his simple reply was "Because it isn't illegal, yet".

What’s funnier, people who horde shit for SHTF and never shoot it . Wall full of war weapons and not in shape enough to fight with it for 10 minutes lol.
I always envision some out of shape dude who maxed out credit cards on guns , MRE's, tactical vests and bird shot…shit hits the fan and someone walks in with a 22 caps him and takes his guns and MRE's in the first 20 minutes of SHTF.....after the guy is already tired of fighting for all his stuff.

Not trash talking your friend but folks like that are only holding those weapons for people who can use them. It’s like a bunch of wanna be’s are setting up little caches of weapons all mover the US for the folks who can actually shoot them and fight with them

oli700 said:
... folks like that are only holding those weapons for people who can use them. It’s like a bunch of wanna be’s are setting up little caches of weapons all mover the US for the folks who can actually shoot them and fight with them

So True!! Soo Very True! I hope to find one of them one day! :D

oli700 said:
…shit hits the fan and someone walks in with a 22 caps him and takes his guns and MRE's in the first 20 minutes of SHTF.....

Maybe that explains why I can't find one single box of .22LR in this whole town. :x Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
oli700 said:
…shit hits the fan and someone walks in with a 22 caps him and takes his guns and MRE's in the first 20 minutes of SHTF.....

Maybe that explains why I can't find one single box of .22LR in this whole town. :x Take care. Tom Worthington.

none here either.....None in stores

I was able to find a killer deal last night and am now the proud owner of a Ruger 22/45 that came with 2 mags. I priced out .30-30 lever actions last night and the prices have remained largely the same if you adjust for inflation and the new taxes coming down the pipe. I saw several new Marlin 336's for around $325, which doesn't seem too unreasonable. Sadly, my budget didn't allow for one, but I'm already saving. It was nice to see that pretty much everything that is bolt or lever action hasn't really gone up much in price.

As predicted, anything that looked assault weaponish and was semi-auto was through the roof on price or gone. I don't really fault the guys for raising their prices since a lot of them are individuals (at least the guys that I know and buy from) and they need to make a profit before a ban possibly comes into effect. Plus, there's that law of supply and demand ;).

There is a reasonable amount of mark up that can be respected but on the same note there is an amount that is disrespectful too the buys and is just taking advantage of the situation. I have seen some outrageous prices on the news lately at local gun shops and at the same time I hear from friends that other places have stayed the same just too keep the regular business coming in...

On another note.. A good friend of mine has become a sheep.. he bought (2) AR-15 Slide Fire and (2) AK-47 Slide Fire stocks... Then the next day he bought a little semi auto 9mm SMG thing. Can't think of the name right now. Magazine goes into the side, looks british.. Shit.. lol Either way that was $2000 +/- right there in 2 days and he told me "I wanted to get them before they were banned!!"

When I asked "And exactly what are you going to do with 4 banned Slide Fire Stocks if you cannot sell them?" he looked a little puzzled.

Itsricmo said:
"I wanted to get them before they were banned!!"

When I asked "And exactly what are you going to do with 4 banned Slide Fire Stocks if you cannot sell them?" he looked a little puzzled.

He's obviously never heard the mantra, "buy low, sell high." A guy I know calls the idiot gun buyers "gun goofs". Sounds like that term describes most of these AR buyers to a T.

Yeah, roger! I could not believe it when he sent me the picture with 4 slide fire stocks... It was like a punch in the stomach. The 9mm was pretty cool but buying the stocks just showed his own stupidity breaking through :(

So my boy is taking his CC and we went into this fairly new LGS to look around at holsters. Of corse there were folks bitching at the counter they can’t find a Glock ?...can’t remember the number. The guy tells them that his distributor is out of Glock and XD ???? Really, so we shot over to the place I picked up my 29. They were out of the counter Glocks…..I asked , he said Davidson’s is out of Glocks and where he got my Blue Label is out….wow I was wondering when I was going to start to see pistols take a hit, I am seeing it now.

I talked to the Sheriff and the counties CC permit apps have tripled and handgun classes are booked full for 3 months out

It seems that a lot of the CCW pistols are still in the cases around me. My father was going to pick up a Ruger LCP but it has a $95 mark up... a little disgruntling. I had looked at 2 Keltec PF9s a while back (October I believe) and they are both still there. Original price I saw them at was $249.. they are now $299 and $309... A little ridiculous! I hope this scare breaks off by march because I do not want to pay $100 more for a RIA 1911...... :|

Have you shot the PF9's before? Only reason I ask is because I owned one (notice the past tense there :D) I loved how small and concealable it was...but man was this thing a B***h to schoot. I couldn't do more than 3 or 4 mags worth before my hands were raw. I would just suggest to try it before you commit to buying one, and they do have issues as far as I remember... the Kel-Tec Forum has lots of great info. Now that RIA 1911 on the other hand...that's a good buy, quality and affordable (if you're looking for a no frills 1911 can't beat RIA) really enjoy that one!

BryanForbes said:
He's obviously never heard the mantra, "buy low, sell high." A guy I know calls the idiot gun buyers "gun goofs". Sounds like that term describes most of these AR buyers to a T.

I was watching a news excerpt out of Florida somewhere right before Christmas... and they interviewed this dude, and i quote
" Yeah man.... I already got me a hand-pistol...but you know, I just wanted somethin' [AR-15] bigger to defend my crib with"
... no joke, I had to shake my head and thought if I were an anti-gun leftist I couldn't blame them...when those are the types of people buying up "assault weapons".

Back