• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Something Going On ?

AK, thanks for the heads up but I have seen many reviews about raw trigger fingers and bruised hands... The PF9 is a consideration but an old one, it would be something if I was planning on super concealed carry at my Leftist Place of Work. I would practice but not need to shoot 4 mags worth if I needed it haha :D

The RIA is currently my predicted purchase. I checked out the ATI Titan FX but that thing weighs at least 6 pounds unloaded haha I didn't like it very much and the other 1911 models are out of my budget

I haven't been able to follow this and I hope this doesn't seem off topic now.

I was at the gun show yesterday. I wanted to look around and see if any deals could be found. I was hopin there would be some competition goin on in that enviroment and havin sold my rifle, I was hopin to begin replacin it one piece at a time if I had to. No dice.

I thought I did well when I got retail for my rifle. I realized yesterday had I held out I coulda got twice what I paid for it had I sold it at the show.

Rifles were not in short supply by any means, nor were parts, but who wants to pay twice retail? Well, there are enough people willin to pay what they're askin.

Lowers were $200 stripped, parts kits without furniture were another $150 in some cases. Standard magazines, even off brand, were sellin @ $30 minimum, Troy Battle mags were $50. 20 round magazines were also $30.

No where was .223/5.56 available in small quantities. The only thing left by middle of the first day was bulk and specialty like LAP and tracer ammo. There was a box or two of American Eagle 30 rounds on stripper clips, but it was $39! Someone had told me they got some Remington .223, 200 rounds or so at something like .84 cents a round and felt like it was a good deal! Specialty stuff was nearly $30 a box!

Furniture was sellin @ retail generally, but VFGs and grip-pods like USGI stuf was sellin for $65, one place had em for $80.

Its a very strange enviroment right now.

I saw a number of rifle by companies I had never before heard of sellin for the same prices as anyother, I think the least I saw on a rifle was $1400.

And still people were buyin like they'd never have a chance to buy them ever again...

That is a really disturbing report... I am glad that shotguns aren't the exact target of all this. I couldn't imagine paying prices that like, so inflated, for something 2 months ago was 50% cheaper...

I guess you could liken goin to the gun show as bein a gazelle and walkin right into the lions den completely garnished and ready to go.

The merchants musta figured if people showed up they were there willin to part with their money.

Itsricmo said:
That is a really disturbing report... I am glad that shotguns aren't the exact target of all this. I couldn't imagine paying prices that like, so inflated, for something 2 months ago was 50% cheaper...

Give em time, semi auto shotguns and ones like the Kel-Tec KSG will be targeted one day I promise you.

Yeah that is the basic understanding of going to a gun show.. My Uncle spent well over $1000 in gun raffle tickets ath the NRA Convention in Pittsburgh, it paid off with a Sako TRG, but the risk he was willing to take to not get anything was astonishing haha

I can only imagine what people are willing to spend now with all the scare of a ban

CMS1528,

They already are, at least ones like the KSG are.

"Any shotgun with a capacity of more than five (5)..."

CheaperThanDirt has all assortments of firearms back up for sale on their website. Has anyone heard any public statements from them?? They are sold out of a lot too... Looks like the boycott really didn't work. I am sure they felt the pressure and took a HUGE hit but on the same page.. if you are REALLY looking for a gun... Have the money to drop and they are the only person with it.. what are you going to do? :?

Find an alternate weapon, wait or go without.....they are the poster child for self serving greed and they take advantage of the American way and the American people who helped make them what they are....they folded faster than Superman on laundry day and that my friend is weak.
They slipped into the night leaving everyone to confront the issues without their potentially big powerful 2A voice and corporate money like a couple manufactures, distributors and dealers have done……only to come slithering back with offerings of high priced ammo and a few firearms.
They are going to put stuff up out of stock to make it look like “see, people forgave us, you should too”………that’s just me I could be wrong lol

oli700 said:
They are going to put stuff up out of stock to make it look like “see, people forgave us, you should too”

I was just discussing this with my fiance! I said, I bet they really don't have any plans to restock, they are just going to show everything out of stock so people think "oh they are remorseful" and buy their products... Disgusting tactic and I guess even more so a reason NOT to buy from them. MidwayUSA has a pretty good stock of ammunition and accessories in the wake of this Ban Scare. Brownells too!

CTD will probably be around a long time although they will be smaller. Oli is 100% right on this one. Gun owners are one group that will not forget. i believe some people are still down on Ruger because Bill Ruger said all those years ago that a 10 round magazine is enough.

I posted this on the ammunition section also:

LGS finally got some .22LR back on the shelf. $5.95 for 50 Winchester Wildcats and $7.95 for 50 Remington Cyclones. :cry: Naturally, they are out of stock, but Midway gets $2.19 for the Wildcats and $3.09 for the Cyclones. I think I may be ill. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom glad to hear that some ammunition is coming back in stock but sorry to hear about the prices :( Walmart in my part of town hasn't raised prices as much as I thought. They are out of ammo everyday and their common calibers are bought almost instantaneously.

As for CTD... I would love to hear how much they lost and how hard they actually got hit by their decisions...

Walmarts here haven't raised prices either, but they're all pretty sold out of everything except some larger caliber cartridges like .300 WinMag, .30-06, and .30-30, and then they also have plenty of birdshot, even BlackCloud and BlindSide.

Maybe a box or two of .22s, but otherwise no rifle or handgun loads, not even 9mm. Well, ok, I saw one box of Hornady Z-Max.

This is pretty much everywhere around here, there is no way of replacing ammo.

We have some off brand like Armscor of 9mm. No body seems to like it unless they absolutely feel they need to buy some more 9mm haha. I can say that our Walmart reflects yours with everything else though. I must say, I am astonished that your walmart has Z-max stuff! We only have tradition style bullets! Maybe it is the area we live in versus yours :p

OF all people…..I own Zmax 9mm…..got 60 rounds of them for my birthday from my step daughter……I was like Rossignol better not find out about this lol I know they are good rounds but you know me lol

HAHA!! I can only imagine what he is going to have to say to that! :p I wanted to buy some 12ga Z-max stuff but after seeing the horrible printing on the hull of the shell.. I put the $15 towards some Federal Slugs lol

It is good to know that there is a small part of you that likes Zombie Slaying too ;)

:lol: that's funny! Yeah, the ZMax is often layin around in usual flavors, but primarily pistol calibers. Sometimes you'll see a box or two of the rifle rounds. The one I saw the other day was the 9mm, and I don't disagree about it bein a good load, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it myself, I just can't always afford Hornady.

Oli, I personally feel better now knowin you're defending the west coast against a possible invasion of the zombified dead.

Itsricmo, $15 is a little high for what is identical to critical defense. I think the $12 for critical defense is high given its the same as the LE TAP light magnum which I've found in the past, $8 for ten rounds. But, the LE isn't supposed to be sold to civies, more a suggestion than a rule, so the Critical Defense while bein identical is the civy version. No more or less lethal, just shinier packaging and more marketing.

lol SO everything is Identical but they slap a new box around it and add a new name to jack the price up 30%? Just doesn't seem fair... Thank you for the information though, I honestly didn't know they were all basically the same thing. I will keep my eye out for other deals and available ammunition. Hornady is expensive but well worth it I think. It will be what I carry when I can and I will have some Bulk Federal or Remington stuff for the range or just stored away in general.

Called "Grices Gun Shop" in Clearfield, PA, today. They have my RIA 45 GI for $445 + usual fees!! I can put a down payment or have it paid off on Layaway before I turn 21 and then pick it up the day I am of age!!! So when my Tax return comes in, crossing my fingers, I will pay off the Wedding Bands and a new family member ;)

EDIT: Rumor at my Walmart has it that Walmart is going to bail out of the Firearms Industry again. They have suspended all Firearms and Ammunition orders until the upcoming 2a debate decisions are made public. They will sell what ammunition they have in stock at stores and ship SOME from distribution centers but all new orders will be suspended until a decision is made.

Itsricmo said:
EDIT: Rumor at my Walmart has it that Walmart is going to bail out of the Firearms Industry again. They have suspended all Firearms and Ammunition orders until the upcoming 2a debate decisions are made public. They will sell what ammunition they have in stock at stores and ship SOME from distribution centers but all new orders will be suspended until a decision is made.

Well, now I know why we haven't had anything back in stock. I'll be honest, I thought since I'm up here in the "frontier" some of this stuff would blow past us...but I guess not. And of course, if Wallyworld stops selling ammo... I'm down to 2 places I can buy from on the island :( It was nice, because one store would have a good deal on .22... the other on 5.56 or 12ga... now I'll have to take what I can get... who else has a little stockpile of ammo cans they don't want to shoot??? I've got a 1000rnd can of xm193... pretty much worth it's weight in gold now!!!!!!!!

Back