• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Something was missing from the news

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Our local Fresno newspaper has evidently decided to quit mentioning race in the case of violent felons.

But the photographs still tell the story if you look in the LA paper.

www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-trenton-lovell-steve-owen-killed-20161006-snap-story.html

Trenton Lovell is a three-time loser, going back to the big house on his third strike. Aside from the three major felonies he has a list of misdemeanor convictions as long as your arm. According to the Times, Lovell has been arrested 11 times and served two stints in state prison.

He's also black, and now charged with the execution-style murder of Steve Owen, a white LA Sheriff dept sgt. Who was lured in by a fake burglary report.

Evidently our local press has decided that it's better to remain color blind than show the truth about murderers if they are black. No photographs at all.

Now in some circumstances, it probably wouldn't matter, but this was a race based hate crime, and prosecutors are seeking punishment for "special circumstances". Also he shot at a second officer, and attacked him with the a stolen patrol car, then kidnapped two teenagers.

Anyhow, the pictures tell the story in other papers, but for some strange reason our local paper didn't see fit to print any.

A sign of the times. If it is not white-on-black there will be almost no story. If he had killed someone other than a cop we probably would have never heard about it.

I just hope this won't set off a string of copycat shootings of cops. I understand why the cops don't respond to certain calls too readily.

Back