Son Finally Shoots His Maverick 88

Discussion in 'Maverick 88 Pump Action' started by sicnarf, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM.

1. sicnarf

sicnarf Copper BB

So wife and I gave our son a Maverick 88 12-guage because he earned his Eagle in Scouts. It was a total surprise to him because we never said we'd get him something for the achievement. On Saturday, we went out as a family and he was so excited that he could finally shoot his Maverick. Unfortunately, it jammed a couple of times using Federal so I switched him over to Winchesters. After we ran out of Winchesters, it was back to Federals and after the initial jams, no problems at all. The entire family had a great time and he especially enjoyed shooting his very own shotgun. We'll be heading to the local gun club this coming Saturday so he can shoot trap to fulfill a requirement for his shotgun merit badge.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 ON DUTY Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Awesome...You must be very proud of him.

{ I was when I taught my daughter to shoot. }
    MANual_puller and sicnarf like this.
  3. Tom396

Tom396 .308

Just the fact that there is a shotgun merit badge makes me happy. Take care. Tom Worthington
    MikeD, sicnarf and Rossignol like this.
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Congratulations on the Eagle badge. That is no small feat at all.

I didn't know they had a shotgun badge now either. Though I admit that I haven't kept up with them for the last few years since I believe they made a bunch of bad decisions as a whole in their organization.

I think our county is down to maybe one troop now (from 5).

I know they have to be hurting for members. At least around here they are. Folks dropped them without hesitation.

But I don't want to sidetrack the thread. That has nothing to do with anyone here.

I usually have better performance from Federal than Winchesters. Especially the cheap bulk pack Winchester AA's.

There may have been a little burr or break in getting everything seated well.
    sicnarf likes this.
  5. sicnarf

sicnarf Copper BB

I was a bit surprised, too, when I learned of the shotgun merit badge. Knew there was a rifle merit badge and he earned that at Scout camp a couple of summers ago.
    John A. likes this.
  6. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Very cool, congrats on his accomplishment!!