• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Soon to be MVP Flex .308 owner with a couple of questions

srvctec

Anyone have one of these yet? I should be picking it up today. I already have a Vortex Viper 6.5-20 scope for it and a bipod. My question is about scope rings. Any idea as to which height I would need for this scope? I'm guessing low or medium. What brand rings are the best?

Re: Soon to be MVP Flex .308 owner with a couple of question

The appropriate height of your rings will be determined by your optic's objective diameter. A scope with a 50mm objective will require more clearance that one with a smaller objective diameter. Taking a simple measurement will determine which mount height you need. Many manufacturers measure their ring heights from the bottom of the scope tube to the bottom of the ring base. Position your scope tube at a level height above the receiver to where the forward objective is just clear of the barrel. Take a measurement from the top of your mount to the bottom of the scope tube and that will give you an approximate minimum clearance height for your mount. Compare that measurement to manufacturer's specs to determine which height ring you'll need.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply, LES. Should have mentioned in my OP that the objective is 44mm with an outside diameter of 51.50mm. From the looks of things, I don't think I can get a set of rings too low since the rail is so high. I just set the scope on the factory mounted rail to see what it would look like. I'd like the height about 1-2mm higher than this just so bottom of scope will clear the rail.

uqu2u4e9.jpg

Better view of rail from another angle.

jy9eremy.jpg

Looks like you'll be good to go with just about any height you choose.

Now you just need to match the ring height to your line of sight with a comfortable cheek weld...

Back