1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Source for magazine tube assembly?

Discussion in 'Mossberg 930 Autoloader' started by bani, Jun 22, 2018.

1. bani

bani .22LR

Anyone know where to purchase a magazine tube assembly? Mossberg store seems to list every part under the sun except a 930 magazine tube.

My 930 has had many years of hard life and the magazine tube is pitted, corroded, scored and scratched to hell and I'm now getting lots of malfunctions I suspect are due to friction of the piston against the rough tube and poor gas piston sealing due to all the gouges and missing tube material. The gun is long out of warranty.

Is the tube stainless? I suspect it's not due to the fact it wants to rust if I even look at it sideways.
  2. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

old mossy likes this.
  3. OR3GUN

OR3GUN Sponsor Sponsor

The tube from the JM Pro is a good upgrade as it is the Boron Nitride version, rather than blued. Mossberg considers them part of the receiver and don't list it as a separate part. You can usually get it if you call and order it by specific part number:

5861BN MAGTUBE 930/935, BORON-NITRIDE

Let us know if you don't have any luck getting one ordered, we usually have a couple of each type at the shop and haven't had any issues getting them in the past.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com
    MikeD, Djcala, Bobster and 1 other person like this.
  4. bani

bani .22LR

havlin just directed me to mossberg.
  5. Rob72

Rob72 .410

The JM would probably be the best bet, but I ordered a pair of stainless 9200 tubes from Numrich, a couple of years ago. Numrich is generally good, but sometimes you do get parts with dings, so YMMV. I wiped mine down, lightly polished the outside with 1200 grit wet/dry paper and oil, and ran a brake cylinder hone down the inside. Slick inside and out, and nary a problem.:)
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1552980