• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stamp collecting (NFA)

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
As my signature implies, I am a stamp collector.

But not your regular run of the mill postage stamps.

Not only do I enjoy making my AR15 hunting rifles, one of my true joys are weapons that (unfortunately) require an National Firearms Act tax stamp.

So far, I have built 2 short barrel rifles (an AR15 and MP5K-PDW), designed and built 2 silencers and, also own a transferable submachine gun.

Just wondering if anyone else is into NFA items.

Short Barrel Rifles (SBR)
Short Barrel Shotguns (SBS)
Destructive Devices (DD)
Any Other Weapons (AOW)
Silencer
Machine Gun

Re: Stamp collecting

Sadly, Iowa doesn't allow anything outside of semi-auto, legal length guns without a Class III FFA. Silencers are a no-no as well. :(

Yeah, several states have restrictions, but on a Federal level, they are completely legal (contrary to popular belief)

Here's a couple goodies in the same video.

Although I normally use the 9mm Lage slowfire upper on the SMG, in this video shows the practical solutions 22 conversion for it.

The 2nd part of the video shows the latest suppressor I built to use on a dedicated 22LR SBR AR15 upper

I believe this is your "type" of stamp John... :cool:

=================================================================

NFATAXSTAMP-1.jpg

==================================================================

The Uniform Firearms Act (UFA) is a set of statutes in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that defines the limits of Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution, the right to bear arms, which predates the United States Constitution and reads: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned." The laws range in scope from use of force in self-defense situations, to specific categories citizens that are ineligible to purchase or possess firearms.

UFA for Pennsylvania is generally a more liberal interpretation of the Right to Bear Arms, in that it does not prohibit the sale and transfer of Class III NFA firearms, contains no duty for a citizen lawfully carrying a weapon to notify law enforcement, and mandates shall-issue licenses to carry firearms to eligible citizens.

===================================================================

SHOOTER13 said:
I believe this is your "type" of stamp John... :cool:

Yep, that's what they look like

Except the handwritten numbers on the top are all different being the serial number of the weapon :lol:

My only stamp so far is for my .22 Mite...

My next step will be an SBR. I'm looking a shortening the barrel on my Ps90. I'd love to eventually have it legally converted to full-auto, but with the 50rd mags I run through ammo fast enough as it is. The short barrel will do for now...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
snip
I'd love to eventually have it legally converted to full-auto, but with the 50rd mags I run through ammo fast enough as it is. The short barrel will do for now...

Unfortunately that'll never happen. No new machineguns after May 1986 except to Gov't.

The only way to get a machine gun is to buy one that was registered prior to the cutoff date. Those are called transferables. Coincidentally, also why they cost so much is because there are a limited number and no more.

And I dont' think the PS90's were in production at that time.

That's right, the old '86er. Yeah I haven't looked into it seriously, but that makes sense that the Ps90 is a no go.

As I understand it for other rifles you can purchase and register a full-auto trigger group made prior to '86 and install it in a semi-auto rifle made after the ban, correct?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
As I understand it for other rifles you can purchase and register a full-auto trigger group made prior to '86 and install it in a semi-auto rifle made after the ban, correct?

Yes, besides registered receivers (actual machine guns) you can purchase and transfer already registered:

Auto sears (Like HK a FN type)
Trigger Packs (like Ruger 10/22)
Lightning Link, which manipulates the movement of an AR15 disconnector
and DIAS (Drop In Auto Sear).

Class 3 fun this weekend

I got the chance this weekend to shoot a MP5-sd and a non supressed MP5 and a class three M4

let me tell ya those are some good times.......................... wahoo!!!!!!

Re: Class 3 fun this weekend

Sounds like fun! I don't really know what Class 3 involves though?? It sounds exciting. Hehe. I wished I could have at least made it to the range this weekend...but nope, that's the crummy thing about not having family nearby and having 4 kids. No babysitter: no shooting.

Very nice!

I know that feeling made one helluva lasting impression! How long did it take for the kool-aid smile to wear off?

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
Sounds like fun! I don't really know what Class 3 involves though?? It sounds exciting. Hehe. I wished I could have at least made it to the range this weekend...but nope, that's the crummy thing about not having family nearby and having 4 kids. No babysitter: no shooting.

It's even worse when you have plenty of family around but none of them can be bothered to babysit unless they want to see them. Those are usually the same days I have plans with the little one.

Sounds like you had fun! Hoping I can pick up a Class 3 SOT down the road for a business I'm starting up soon. Would be nice to have the ability to play with some post-ban autos, with local chief leo signed letter of course.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice!

I know that feeling made one helluva lasting impression! How long did it take for the kool-aid smile to wear off?

should wear off sometime next week :cool:

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:

Very cool.

By today's standards, those are some very expensive machines if they're transferables.

The only machine gun I own is an Ingram M10A1, but I have a Lage Manufacturing slowfire 9mm upper for it that I like better than the OEM design and I also have a Practical Solutions 22LR conversion upper for it that is a blast to shoot when wanting a very fast ROF.

9mm with the suppressor I designed and built

and with the 22 conversion kit

Back