• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

EDIT FOR CORRECTION:

Nutnfancy isn't the "master mind" behind this "Call to Action" as I previously thought. In fact these folks here: http://www.guncontrolmorecrime.com/ have called for the gathering at State Capitols and Nutnfancy was strengthening the message and passing it on to his many viewers to help the "Gun Across America" Rally become more well known and hopefully help the outcome be larger!

My apologies in the Mix-up on my behalf! I will get the facts straight next time :)

Pennsylvania just has to be different. A rally in Harrisburg will be held on Wednesday, 1/23. If anyone hears of a date or time change please post it up. Full details here:http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/198939-harrisburg-23jan2013-part-2-action.html#post2242362

Pennsylvania Responsible Citizens
- Pennsylvania Responsible Citizens (PARC) is strictly a grass-roots assembly of ordinary Pennsylvanians who share the common beliefs of respect for the law, personal responsibility, and the adherence to our Constitutional Rights as elicited in the Constitution of the United States, the Bill of Rights, and the Pennsylvania Constitution.
- This assembly consists solely of private citizens who volunteer their time, resources, and efforts to promote our shared beliefs to the public at large, as well as our elected officials.
- PARC is not affiliated nor endorsed by any established National Gun Rights organizations or political committees.
- In order to become an effective participant in this event, one needs to convey that desire by providing basic information (name, email address, and a phone number) to PARC by sending an email to jan23@stopthemobs.com . Note that if you have done this already from the previous thread, you don't need to repeat it here! Once this information is obtained, you will be sent a link to the planning document that provides the details for this event. This method provides an accurate tally of participants, as well as keeps the details limited to those who 'need to know'.

When and Where
- Wednesday January 23, 2013 between 10:00am and 2:00pm
- The Pennsylvania State Capitol Building http://www.pacapitol.com/ This event will be OUTDOORS in the middle of January, dress warmly!
- Parking facilities near the Capitol can be found here: http://www.harrisburgparking.org/
- Plan on carpooling or taking public transportation to Harrisburg, it's a busy place!
- Carpooling information can be found in the "regional" threads found here: http://forum.pafoa.org/regions-3/

Agenda
- At approximately 9:00am, we will meet at a nearby location (to be determined soon) for a pre-Rally briefing.
- 10:00 we will march to the Rally Point at the Capitol; the exact location will be provided in the planning document.
- 10:00am through 2:00pm, we conduct our rally outside. Again, remember to consider the weather! You may even want to pack a light lunch or a thermos of warm coffee or soup!
- At some point in time during the rally, a small delegation will break off to go inside the Capitol and meet with certain Legislators at prearranged appointments, to discuss topics that will be identified during our planning sessions.
- 2:00pm will be the end of the Rally. PLEASE STAY FOR A FEW MINUTES EXTRA TO HELP CLEAN UP OUR AREA...we want to be responsible and considerate citizens!

Sounds very organized! As opposed to here, may just be me, OhioArcher, and whatever couple guys I can get, I have no idea. I can't find any info for anything organized in ohio.

How cool would it be if we had MO banners at nearly every capital!? Have to see if I can make one...

kinda sucks Mike, one of the reasons I like it is because everyone else around the nation will be doing it the same day........., a weekday makes since but I think this is more for the Feds and the media rather than states....my state is great for firearms.

kinda sucks Mike, one of the reasons I like it is because everyone else around the nation will be doing it the same day

My thoughts exactly. Max success is everyone on the same day! Mid day, mid week is not ideal either since I find that most gun owners work.

PA is very gun friendly which surprises a lot of people sice we are bordered with NY, MD and NJ. Of course the Obama voting areas would love to stomp on our rights. Our state constitution is simple in the area of gun rights: The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

CarbineMike, does this void the ability to go on the 19th?? I don't want to show up and get arrested because there is another organized protest haha

Dude, you're gauranteed the right to peacful protest all you want! ...for now. Evenif you're the only one! ;) but I would hope the thing for the 19th stands, it makes more sense for a Saturday. Keep checkin, maybe there is still somethin for next weekend?

I'm still looking for a rally on the 19th. Work is real bad right now and I just blew my vacation at Christmas. If I find anything for the 19th I'll post it up.

For our state capital Harrisburg, the one good thing for a mid week rally is that the politicians and working folks will be there. The city is so crappy that few that work there actually live there. At night and the weekends the politicians are long gone. It was so bad for crime and violence last summer that they blocked a street and prohibited movement...real safe huh?

Work is rough for me too right now, we just had a guy quit in the middle of a large rush project... after mentioning the 8th of feb, my supervisor gave me one of those looks.

This why the 19th is more appealing, we def won't be workin Saturday.

I think during the week is a small price to pay for trying to keep our rights in tact. Granted it does not help those who are strapped for cash, but if you can take that day off and offer to work on that Saturday to keep the faith would that be a viable option?

I would be glad to go the 19th and actually know a few guys in the area going over to Harrisburg that said I could tag along with them. I was just going to call off sick because our Conductor's Contract ran out this morning at 12:01am so I have very little to lose right now :p

I will pass this information on. If there is still a large gathering on the 19th please let me know!!

Rossignol said:
Sounds very organized! As opposed to here, may just be me, OhioArcher, and whatever couple guys I can get, I have no idea. I can't find any info for anything organized in ohio.

How cool would it be if we had MO banners at nearly every capital!? Have to see if I can make one...

I asked on the Buckeye Firearms Association website forum about both the 19th and Feb 8th. Got an odd reply about BFA not supporting any type of initiative until they have thoroughly researched it. Huh??? So I sent an email to the website itself to see why it is not being listed. I'll post any reply I receive.

It's confusing. There's some gun clubs not promoting it, cuz they are not involved in the organization of it. I think with all thats going on they should be at least telling others about it their idea or not....

Archer, are you the one who said you shoot at Clinton County, the gun club there? CCFSA I think it is?

I asked on the Buckeye Firearms Association website forum about both the 19th and Feb 8th
I looked on there and saw nothing when Rossignol said nothing seemed organized in Ohio.

It's confusing. There's some gun clubs not promoting it, cuz they are not involved in the organization of it.
WHAT? You have got to be kidding me. What is wrong with these people?

Sheesh...if we relied on folks like these our guns would be melted and the 2A a fading memory before they could decide to wipe their butts.

Basically filled a 57 passenger bus. May rent another one if interest continues. Next stop Albany!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMcH60xX1o[/youtube]

We got hit hard with that rain today.

He makes some GREAT points about how folks should represent themselves, and more impotantly US at these protests...

Back