• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

Rossignol said:
Archer, are you the one who said you shoot at Clinton County, the gun club there? CCFSA I think it is?

Yes, I shoot at CCFSA. Started shooting 3 gun before all the current stuff started. I'll still shoot but not as much. Right now I have a lot of indoor archery to deal with.

carbinemike said:
I asked on the Buckeye Firearms Association website forum about both the 19th and Feb 8th
I looked on there and saw nothing when Rossignol said nothing seemed organized in Ohio.

There is something finally posted in the forum. I got a reply back form the website saying they would contact me if they needed any extra info. ??? I was pointing out that they were pretty much the only firearm website not showing the scheduled protests. Not sure why they aren't since they are a "grassroots" organization...

Well I got my Father and younger Brother to go. My Fiance may attend if she can get off and my Dad got 5 other guys to follow us up in their car. I have a Personal Day filed with work and if that doesn't get approved I will remove my bid and call off sick lol... The more I thought about it, I can't just say "Work has me stuck." because it really doesn't. Unless I get called for a long haul job Friday night I have my ways of getting off. I can't miss this one without trying!

If anyone else is there from PA shoot me a PM! Would love to meet some fellow members in person!

Rossignol said:
Archer, I live in clinton county, wanna meet up for the 19th?

Yes, we could work that out. I need to be back in Wilmington by about 3 pm for an archery tournament the club is hosting and I'm running.

That could work! Do you have anyone else goin with you? I had been tryin to get a couple guys but they seem to fallin out...

This could get interesting:

There will be a rally in Harrisburg on January 23, 2013 which will occur at the Capitol building and surrounding area. This is occurring on the same day as CeaseFire PA plans to amass at the Capitol to promote their agenda of 'reasonable' gun control

Itsricmo, what day are you going to Harrisburg?

I am going Saturday the 19th. I discussed going the 23rd but my Father (Mode of Transportation) will not be able to make that date. So I and about 7 others in total will be going up. You going to be there on the 19th? Would be a pleasure to meet ya!

Here is something commonly overlooked... Food and Water! Take plenty with you if you go everyone! I don't know if any vendors are going to take advantage of this but be prepared with some food and water!

message for you Webfoot Oregonians

This is taken from the Face book page of the people orgainzing this event. I suggest we all follow their instructions.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2446...9266/?refid=17

From "Gun Control = More Crime" - - - "Guns Across America" is going to take place Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013 at "high noon." This is going to be a peaceful picketing protest against ANY, AND ALL future gun legislation. This is our chance to reach out to our elected officials, and tell them NO NEW GUN LAWS! "Guns Across America" is being tailored to happen in every state's capitol city, at their capital building. The theory behind doing this event on a Saturday, is most conservative gun owners work a typical Monday through Friday job. I'm hoping for a massive response by doing this on a weekend."

With everyone's help, and thoughtful consideration, we'll contribute to another wildly successful operation. Now the "legals".. Tom Tharp (Oregon's coordinator of record) just posted "the rules" and our modes of cooperation with local law enforcement: "Oregon State Troopers have called and told me that ONLY Concealed Permit Holders are Allowed on State Capitol Property With Firearms Unloaded Or Loaded. That includes ALL adjacent State Capitol Property which means the parking lot, and any property from the sidewalk in towards the Capitol including the steps.

So if you do not have a Permit To Carry Issued by your County Sheriff then do not come on State Capitol Property with a firearm of Any type even if Unloaded. You can carry Unloaded on the sidewalk along the street. We need Marchers on the sidewalks on both sides of Court St.

All people are welcome to carry signs on and at the Capitol.

There is no room for argument on this as the State Troopers reviewed municipal code for the Capitol Property and have cited codes and definitions where citizens can and cant carry a gun to insure that we are safe and not breaking any laws. These Troopers are supporting us not hindering us. They are on our side and are gun owners too and support The Second Amendment. They put their life on the line daily.

The State and City of Salem Police know and support our Rally. They assured me repeatedly that they will not hassle us. If an Officer wants to talk with us or check for Concealed Carry Permits on Capitol Property then Cooperate Completely and Respectfully.

We are the Good Guys! We are Law Abiding Americans. We are what makes America the greatest country in the world.
We Kneel, We Stand, We Vote, We March!

We will make this the greatest gathering in Oregon if we do it right.

Our Messages On Signs Are Our Best Statements. Make at least two so we have more than enough.

Please please please don't make this harder than it is, it is what it is, we must comply to the letter of the law at our Capitol.

Concealed Carry Holders Can Carry On Capitol Property, All People Can Join Together On The Steps Carrying Signs, No Guns.

Unloaded Guns CAN be carried on the sidewalks and we Need People On The Sidewalks Too.

Zip Ties will be available to make guns Safe like we do at Gun Shows.
We are not at the Range so leave the ammo home or locked in your vehicle.

Please don't start arguing about this turn of events here.

We must stand united and do this right.

Thank All Of You For Your Patriotism And Dedication

Those of you talented folks that can make a simple handout outlining the Rules of Access and Cooperation
and make a jpeg we can all save and print out, and distribute it will help keep everyone safe.

I need volunteers to have hundreds of handouts ready and at the Capitol at 10am to give to every attendee.

We must leave the property as clean as we find it.

The Capitol will be closed so local restaurants can provide food, and drink.

We have a permit to be there from 10AM to 2PM.

We are visitors to these neighborhoods so let's be good neighbors .

Thank you in advance for being apart of this Defining Moment in American History

See you in Salem
January 19th and February 8th

I plan on going on the 19th, I already joined in on a carpool. :D :D

I hope I get over this lingering head cold cough and sinus pain from hell, any other time I might let something like this keep me down but times are such that we need every breathing body out there.

It's looking good for me and some guys from work on the 19th.

Ric, any idea how big it will be with a second one on the 23rd?

Looks like my guys are fallin away. Everyone is interested till its time to commit.

Tryin to get enough guys to carpool and share the cost for fuel. Archer, if you're still down, I can meet up with you in Wilmington?

If there was ever a time for gun owners to unite and support each other, this is it.

Rossignol said:
That could work! Do you have anyone else goin with you? I had been tryin to get a couple guys but they seem to fallin out...

I've been trying to get a couple from the shop to go but it is a normal workday for most of them. Small business and too many gone would put a crimp in sales and repairs. Plus, with this being the low work time of year for us most don't what to take a big hit in the wallet (we are all flat-rate techs fighting for work). Let me know where you want to meet. I need to go by the clubhouse to drop off the tournament supplies before heading up to Columbus just in case I get back later than I plan.

Anywhere in wilmington man. You wanna drive or you want me too?

If I'm not drivin, just somewhere with a decent sized parking lot for my truck to hang out in for awhile.

Rossignol said:
Everyone is interested till its time to commit.

We are experiencing the same thing with the guys I have gathered. We started with 12, it dropped to 7, back up to 10 and now down to 5..... Some guy's wives are worried they will get arrested or fined, some guys are just not willing to commit and others won't say why they aren't going.

carbinemike said:
It's looking good for me and some guys from work on the 19th.

Ric, any idea how big it will be with a second one on the 23rd?

I have heard mixed talk about this second gathering on the 23rd. It is not exactly supported by the states or capitols. Guns Across America has a huge following across the Nation and have the backing of ALL 50 states... these others like the 23rd and 8th of February aren't. I don't expect to much of a turn out but the Firearms Community has surprised me before :p

Just a quick bump to bring this to the top of the list. It's just around the corner.

Thank You to all that are going. I know I appreciate it, not being able to go.

Frank

Back