• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

I had 7 people lined up to go. Down to 2 this morning. :(

I had 7 people lined up to go. Down to 2 this morning.
I have one waffling and he's the biggest gun nut I know.

Alaska – organizer still needed
Florida (This event is located in Hernando County to accommodate more people.)
New Jersey – organizer still needed
Vermont (This event will take place at the Burlington Expo Center.)
Wyoming – organizer still needed

Thousands of gun owners across America have had enough of the Obama administration’s attack on the Second Amendment – and they’re preparing to take their concerns to the capitols in at least 47 states this Saturday at 12 p.m.
Texan Eric Reed, founder and national coordinator of the “Guns Across America” rallies, told WND he’s irritated about all the talk of new gun-control regulations and overreach by the federal government in violation of our Second Amendment rights.
“I was trying to figure out why people weren’t being more proactive about this, Reed said. “Then I realized I’m part of the problem. It takes somebody to stand up and say, ‘Hey, we’re not going to accept this. We’re against it.’
“We want Americans who feel the same way to come out. We want to stand up, be united and get our point across.”

President Obama announce a sweeping set of directives he intends will cut down on Americans’ access to guns, setting the stage for a constitutional battle with states where lawmakers already are openly defying the latest power grab by the White House.
Obama’s plan would demand federal access to the details every time an uncle sells a .22 to a nephew, would ban some weapons outright through a limit on ammunition capacity, would waive medical privacy laws in some cases so individuals can be reported, and others.
The president also listed 23 executive orders he is preparing to implement.
“He’s essentially restricting and punishing all law-abiding American citizens,” Reed said. “He’s taking people who have never committed a crime in their lives and he’s trying to tell them that these guns are ‘assault weapons.’ Well, I’ve got guns in my home. If they’re ‘assault weapons,’ then mine must be defective because they haven’t assaulted anybody.”
Frustrated by the narrative coming out of Washington, Reed noted that “assault weapons” have been banned since 1934.
“The aesthetics of a rifle do not determine what an assault rifle is,” he said. “That’s what our elected officials in Washington, D.C., are trying to sell to the American people. I mean, if you take a body of a Ferrari and stick it on a Chevrolet, it’s still a Chevrolet. It’s going to perform like a Chevrolet; it’s just a cool-looking Chevrolet.”
Reed added that the media contribute to misinformation and confuse the public about so-called “assault weapons.”
“Part of it is ignorance of the media because a lot of them may not necessarily have a good idea of what an assault rifle is,” he said. “Another part of it is, most of the media do push a liberal spin. They’re helping to push through the political agenda that the Obama administration wants to pass right now.”
“The people are pulling themselves away from their families and their personal obligations for one day because the Second Amendment is very important to them,” he said. “If these people are willing to take that kind of time out of their personal lives to try to tell Washington, D.C., something, those guys work for us. It’s their job to listen.”
While they may be tempted to sit the protest out, Reed warns citizens that time is running out.
“This is the most crucial time,” he said. “This is when all the laws and executive orders are coming down the pike. This is the time that we have to act, not next week, not next month. It’s now.
“If our Second Amendment rights are as important as we say they are, we need to come out and show it to the rest of America and Washington, D.C.”
Citizens are encouraged to bring pro-gun signs and their families to the rallies. A petition supporting Second Amendment rights will be circulated at each event.
Event organizers encourage attendees to follow all state gun laws.

I keep asking at work but I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now.

Have any of you asked any younger folks (teens and 20's) about the gun rights argument? We had a discussion with our 20-something about Bloomberg forcing NY'ers to give up oversized soft drinks. She saw no problems with somone in power telling millions what they could or couldn't drink. "the drinks are bad for you", she said. I said it is the freedom of choice they are taking away. I asked her "what if they took your phone away" and she replied "if they think it is better without them then that is fine".

So it goes with firearms, too. They don't see it as an afront to our Constitutional rights but as a way to make us "better". It is this type of apathy that we are faced against as well as the threat of losing our freedoms. How do you fight that?

I see the problem is how they are brought up and indoctrinated by the schools. We have a ccouple of 20 something brothers at work and they understand it and can quote the Constitution. They have a Dad that made sure they understand. I make sure my kids understand. Obama released letters from kids?...he would not like the letter my 10 year old boy would have written him.

We talked about what you mentioned at work the other day and the one woman pointed out that when they take away rights incrementally people get use to it and it becomes the new normal.

Your boy should write to him. See if he gets a responce?
It's not only our rights that are affected, it's the future generations too.

CarbineMike, I think myself or the one guy my father knows is the biggest gun nut out of the group (the Original 10 or 12 that were going to go) and we are making sure that we go! :)

I don't know what is so hard about doing this, especially after all the talk! I guess willingness to run at the mouth about action is more than the willingness to actually take action :/ Sad truth.

Itsricmo said:
I guess willingness to run at the mouth about action is more than the willingness to actually take action :/ Sad truth.
We will see true colors for the first time on a lot of people we know or thought we knew.....internet friends included.......nut up or shut up and get out of the way

carbinemike said:
I see the problem is how they are brought up and indoctrinated by the schools. We have a ccouple of 20 something brothers at work and they understand it and can quote the Constitution. They have a Dad that made sure they understand. I make sure my kids understand. Obama released letters from kids?...he would not like the letter my 10 year old boy would have written him.

We talked about what you mentioned at work the other day and the one woman pointed out that when they take away rights incrementally people get use to it and it becomes the new normal.

ripjack13 said:
Your boy should write to him. See if he gets a responce?
It's not only our rights that are affected, it's the future generations too.

The response from the White House would likely be that the child was brainwashed by his parents or doesn't have a clear understanding of actual issue. Not that the White House would ever do anything like that...

"Nut Up or Shut Up" haha I Love It! The "Guns Across America: PA" page has reached 1000+ attendees but a lot of people are saying they have people not on the page going. So the turn out is potentially growing.

CarbineMike and I are going to try and meet up in Harrisburg, PA. It will be nice to meet a fellow member in person!

Itsricmo said:
"Nut Up or Shut Up" haha I Love It! The "Guns Across America: PA" page has reached 1000+ attendees but a lot of people are saying they have people not on the page going. So the turn out is potentially growing.

CarbineMike and I are going to try and meet up in Harrisburg, PA. It will be nice to meet a fellow member in person!
then he can bust your ass for talking smack about Lancaster lol, just kidding

oli700 said:
then he can bust your ass for talking smack about Lancaster lol, just kidding

:lol: :lol: HAHA! Maybe this has been his plan the whole time! lol I wasn't talking smack on Lancaster, just disagreeing with the Amish Mafia in Lancaster :p

Thanks! I will be taking pictures and encourage everyone else going in their states to do the same! Help show how each state turns out! :D

Look out...I'm a 42nd degree Amish black belt. That means I can take on 10 Mennonite mall ninja's at one time. A train engineer and a couple of sissy politicians shouldn't be much trouble. :lol:

You guys aren't right. Rossignol gets to have the all powerful handle bar and all I get is a black beard, a bowl cut and a guy that's gonna pretend he doesn't see me!

lol isn't it sad? I am sorry but someone had to draw the short straw... :lol: Oli gets "10mm T-rex" ammunition...

I still haven't heard what I get out of all of this...

Back