• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sticker on stock

Yes, the sooner the better. Any remaining residue can be removed (maybe) by simply rolling the sticky side of the "old" sticker over the residue and "pulling it off" that way.

BTW, Welcome aboard, Rod! (and Breeze!) :)

Rubbing alcohol and goo gone also removes a lot of sticker adhesives. Not that I think you'll need it for this, but just for future reference.

start a new trend, leave it on .....like they do with ball caps these days

I saw a guy with a big sticker on top of his cap bill yesterday.

First thing I thought of as soon as I saw it was Minnie Pearl.

Howdy

First thing I do with anything new is remove the tags and stickers...Hats, T-Shirts, Firearms....

Goo B Gone is also good...just do it outside, the smell is strong.

I peel them off. Then as I do the initial clean and oil, I hit it with some cleaner. I've never had a sticker be any trouble.

Mine came off ok and didn't need much of a cleanup, I think I used a bit of gun oil.

It would be a tough job if you didn't have any fingernails though, it was picky and sticky, but held together and didn't separate into layers like a lot of stickers.

In addition to the above, you can use a hair dryer to heat the sticker a bit. It softens the adhesive thus making it easier to pull off, as if it isn't easy to begin with. :>)

In addition to the above, you can use a hair dryer to heat the sticker a bit. It softens the adhesive thus making it easier to pull off, as if it isn't easy to begin with. :>)

There ya go.

Hair dryer, heat lamp or hot sun will loosen the glue. Don't get it so hot, for so long, that you warp a synthetic stock though.

When I change grip tape on a skateboard I just leave it in the sun for an hour.
Once hot it just peels off like magic. Imagine peeling a thick plastic sticker 10" x 44" long!

I have also steamed stickers over an electric tea kettle, which is very fast, but you have to work fast and deal with the moisture.

But steam heats things up much faster than hot air does.

Back